Lightroom 6 update after reinstall?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello non-CC LR6 Users!

I am putting together a new PC as my old one is ageing. I have a copy of the LR6 installation file (LR611.exe it's called). It installs and runs OK on the latest (Oct 2020) windows 10 BUT it is not the latest LR6 update. I save the file myself aeons ago and it is the one I can download fro the Adobe website when I sign in.

However, it gives me LR6.0 whereas the version I have on my old PC is version 6.14. I think this is because LR6 was installed as a separate file and LR6, version 6.14 was created as an online update. I have searched all of my backups and cannot find an LR6.14.exe. All of the features I have tried so far work EXCEPT a dehaze control I downloaded.

This is not an adobe one but one reated to do the same thing. It as a "lua" file with the lines

return {
LrSdkVersion = 6.0,
LrSdkMinimumVersion = 6.0

implying it should work with LR6

Any ideas on how to get it working or how to update LR6.0 to LR 6.14. Clicking on "Check for updates" doesn't work!

thanks, Mel

Adobe no longer support Lighrroom 6.0 to the extent that the update route no longer exists. When this happened to me last year, I had to search the Adobe site for !ightroom 6.14. I found it but not in an obvious place. I have taken the precaution of saving the Lightroom 6.14 installation file for future use.

Last edited:
Been there, done that.

I had a fully paid up copy of LR v6.14 but, when I bought a new computer and downloaded LR from Adobe via my account I got v6.0 with no way (that I could find) of updating to v6.14 - so I couldn't read my D500 NEFs.
Went to on-line chat with Adobe, who interrogated me to ensure I was legit, then sent me a link to 6.14

If you view your order details for version 6 within your account there is a link to download mac / Windows versions. It's about 1gb but this is 6.14 version

If you view your order details for version 6 within your account there is a link to download mac / Windows versions. It's about 1gb but this is 6.14 version

The file I get via this route is called Lightroom_6_LS11.exe gives me LR 6.0.

I installed win10 on a new ssd and installed LR6 exactly as I described in the last 2 weeks. How big is the file when you download it ?

I installed win10 on a new ssd and installed LR6 exactly as I described in the last 2 weeks. How big is the file when you download it ?

808mb (827392KB)

Last edited:
LR 6.14 is out there, though it's hard work getting it. I had the same issue with my new laptop a few months ago. I can dropbox you the installer if you like?

@Mel_P

Hi

This site AFAIK has always been a legitimate site for such links an downloads etc and though it does not state the DL is v6.14 it should be/have been the last/latest release?

HTH :)

PS this might be the better link because the specifies v6.14 in the listed downloads.
EDIT ~ just clicked the link in that list and it is dead!!!! :( But the link in the first page is live for downloading :)

Last edited:
Adobe "help" talked me through it and sent me a cleaner and a larger install file (1.1GB) - now on LR6.14. Well done Adobe!

Thanks for other replies above. Mel

LR 6.14 is out there, though it's hard work getting it. I had the same issue with my new laptop a few months ago. I can dropbox you the installer if you like?
Thanks for the kind offer. Adobe have come up with the goods. They are not all bad!!

@Mel_P

Hi

This site AFAIK has always been a legitimate site for such links an downloads etc and though it does not state the DL is v6.14 it should be/have been the last/latest release?

HTH :)

PS this might be the better link because the specifies v6.14 in the listed downloads.
EDIT ~ just clicked the link in that list and it is dead!!!! :( But the link in the first page is live for downloading :)
Thanks - found that and downloaded but Adobe talked me through install via their cleanup and download links.

Question - I have also reinstalled Photoshop CS6 Extended - this is showing as v13.0.1 x64

Is that the latest people have please. Thanks, Mel

Back