Lightroom Batch Renaming

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
No
This is a really simple thing i know. However i've only used lightroom once and i've COMPLETELY forgotten how to so Batch Renaming and i can't find anything online - the only advise i've found doesn't work for me. - which was select all images in lightroom and press F2.

I've been on lightroom for 2 hours now and i'm starting to hate the program more and more and i'm loosing my sanity!

I need someone who could possibly go step by step kind of thing for me - i'm a slow learner :)

(I have Lightroom 2.5)

Cheers Guys and Gals :)

This may not help. I have LR2 but do all my renaming in Faststone. It's a free program that can handle NEF files and the renaming is simple.

Go to tools batch rename and set your parameters it really is a doddle.

Faststone Image Viewer

Hmmm only problem there is it's for college and i'm ment to do it via LM. My tutor is an auful teacher he goes to fast and gives you a really nasty look like you're taking the mikky if you ask him to say it again or he teachs REAL slow so you get so bored you forgot what you just did :/ And stupidally i didn't take notes! That was a bad week :( If i can't find anything i'll use that program you recomended and say "Hey i find it easyer ;)" Thanks for the help though awsome back up plan :p

What you said should work.

- Ensure you are in Library view, click on the folder, collection, etc that contains the images you wish to rename.
- Press Ctrl-A to select all images, or just select those images you want to rename.
- Press F2 and the rename dialogue box should appear. If not on the top dropdown menus click "Library" then select "Rename".
- When you get the rename dialogue box you can select how you want to rename the files from the dropdown menu. The default is "Filename" but this will just rename them with the original name?

Any help?

Cheers for all your help guys, in the end i got help from my tutor as i din't get time to come back after the night i posted.

Using F2 I was in libary mode i must have done something wrong though i'm terrible at Lightroom!

In the end i was told to do it when i was importing using "Template" etc

I'll try F2 again soon sounds faster ;)

Back