Lightroom CC or Photoshop

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Dear all, I'm a suscriber to Adobe CC and only use Photoshop. I've been using Photshop or a few years now so not a total beginner. Question is,as Adobe CC comes pre-loaded with Lightroom do I need to learn how to use it. I believe it is the same RAW process engine as Photoshop. I don't need Slide Shows or Books and I manage all my files quite easily on a seperate hard drive.
So does Lightroom offer any real benefits please.

Yes. If you do learn how to use the Digital Asset Management part of LR then it will be hugely more flexible than your current system of managing images.

Yes, absolutely, takes a bit of an investment to learn but it'll make your life so much easier. I edit most of my shots just in LR these days. It's worth viewing the 'getting started' video tutorials by Julieanne Kost who is an Adobe evangelist:

http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

Pay extra attention to the info on setting up / organising / workflow preferably before you start using it.

Yes, absolutely, takes a bit of an investment to learn but it'll make your life so much easier. I edit most of my shots just in LR these days. It's worth viewing the 'getting started' video tutorials by Julieanne Kost who is an Adobe evangelist:

http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

Pay extra attention to the info on setting up / organising / workflow preferably before you start using it.

Do like the link, many thanks

No probs, I'm no expert but if you have any questions let me know.

LR, for me, offers fast and easy "bulk" adjustment, cataloguing, web-gallery export for client review, and keywording.
All other serious colour correction or retouch work I do in Photoshop, so for me they work side by site quite nicely as "Rough and Polish", as it were. If you were to pay for only one I'd say always stick with Photoshop as it does everything LR can do and then more, however I think regardless of your CC package you're always able to access LR and PS, so may as well have a fiddle, it's mindlessly simple to use in comparison to PS.

Back