Lightroom CC Sync??

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

I have recently moved over to Fuji X System from my Nikons, I now have to upgrade my Lightroom and Photoshop as they won't read the RAW files from my X-T1. I'm looking at the CC Photographers package and would like some advice on syncing Lightroom across between PC and a Mac.

I currently use my desktop for most of my editing and I have my Macbook Pro which I use for when I'm on the sofa and editing personal pictures. In short this means that I have 2 Lightroom catalogues and it does my head in because inevitably the photo I'm looking for is always on the other computer.

If I subscribe to the Photographers package on Adobe CC, It says I can sync my library and it will be available on all of my devices. How does this happen? Are the images stored in the cloud or downloaded to all of my devices when I fire the computer up? I have looked on their website but it is unclear.

If the images are stored in the cloud, do I have to pay for storage or is it included in the subscription cost?

Thanks in advance.

You have to create a collection and then sync that collection. I believe that smart previews are generated which are then sent to the cloud (not the full raw file), there is no charge for storage, it is part of your subscription.

You have to create a collection and then sync that collection. I believe that smart previews are generated which are then sent to the cloud (not the full raw file), there is no charge for storage, it is part of your subscription.

Thank you, So would I be correct in assuming that you still have the full flexibility of a raw file using the smart previews?

I use an X-T1 and have no problem with LR and CS6 reading the RAW files. Are you on older versions?

I use an X-T1 and have no problem with LR and CS6 reading the RAW files. Are you on older versions?

Yes, Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5. Shame really. I could just purchase Lightroom 6 I guess, then access Photoshop through lightroom after the raw has been processed. The problem here is that I'm thinking of upgrading my PC to a 27" 5k iMac, I'd have to replace my version of Photoshop if I do as it won't work on the mac, So I'm probably better off just paying the £8 per month.

Back