Lightroom or CS3 ???

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
I was just wondering how good is lightroom compared to CS3, i have CS3 and was thinking about getting lightroom 2, but would there be any real advantages for the extra outlay ?

I was just wondering how good is lightroom compared to CS3, i have CS3 and was thinking about getting lightroom 2, but would there be any real advantages for the extra outlay ?

They are a bit different. Lightroom you can do 95% of your manipulation, but it is also a great cataloguing tool, brilliant for keywords and collections etc etc.

Photoshop is good if you use layers, and probaby best for cloning.

I start with Lightroom and take it into CS3 for any final stuff, but obviously no cataloging stuff with CS3

Lightroom 2 is an excellent tool for tweaking your photo's and cataloguing them for easy access. It's got some very useful options like the digital Grad filter. There is nothing you can do in LR2 that you cant do in CS3 where image retouching is concerned, it's just in a much simpler layout and easier to use.

CS3 is more about image manipulation (cloning, adding colour filters, blending, etc) so using the 2 progs in combination (as I do) is the best way.

Download the 30 day trial of LR2 and have a play.

Looks like we're agreed then! (y)

In a nutshell then.... to actually answer your question.... I think there would definitely be advantages to having them both, in fact many.

Get Lightroom!! :woot:

Thanks folks, just downloaded the trial version, so 30 days to have a play (y)

Along with the trial look up some tutorials, because there is a lot to take in with Lightroom, just playing around with it won't scratch the surface.

Adobe website, YouTube, Lightroom killer tips, google etc

Where's the best place to find them :)

In Lightroom press F1 it takes you to the Adobe site many helpful tips and tutorials

Back