Lightroom plugin presets

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have any lightroom plugin presets they like? Even if it's a base point for further editing.

I do, but they are specifically for Fuji X-Trans, not sure they would be that clever for the more popular Bayer sensor

As a plugin I find Mogrify very useful.

I've bought a few VSCO presets, I use a few of them regularly and reverse engineering how they work taught me a lot about processing images in Lightroom. I'm tempted to buy one of Dmitriy Rogozhkin's preset packs but mostly because I suspect he's got a better system of organising the effects they produce* and I'd like to poke about under the hood to check.

I've probably had more value from what purchased presets have taught me about LR processing than from their direct use. It's taught me quite a few tips and tricks, and revealed some of Lightrooms secrets when it comes to presets (such as how to create presets that affect only a single colour channel, eg. changing the luminosity of blues whilst leaving every other colour unchanged).

* Breaking the presets into elements that can be applied in different combinations, keeping the tone curves separate, etc.

I think you are confusing Pre-Sets and Plug-ins.

Presets are Lightroom settings that someone else has made available for specific image adjustments.

Plug-ins are additional programs, such as NIK and Topaz, that handle the image outside of Lightroom, and can often perform adjustments that are difficult or impossible within Lightroom alone.

This is the set I use the most. Lots of options that cover most of the Lightroom PP. They are good to use completely as you can stack the presets. Or just use them as a starting point.

http://seimeffects.com/pw

Cheers
Kath

I think you are confusing Pre-Sets and Plug-ins.

Presets are Lightroom settings that someone else has made available for specific image adjustments.

Plug-ins are additional programs, such as NIK and Topaz, that handle the image outside of Lightroom, and can often perform adjustments that are difficult or impossible within Lightroom alone.

Yes sorry, I meant presets.

Only Nik software that I sometimes use for B&W but I can find they sometimes use the image noisy.
I prefer to do my own editing based on the image, sometimes requiring exporting to photoshop

I use Nik Software and presets by Serge Ramelli

Why not put some pics up for editing? As long as people give an explanation of what they did everyone could learn. & you could decide what you like?

Mastin Labs
Rebecca Lily

Two good preset makers, really depends what style you like really.

Back