Lightroom Prb

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hi, In Lightroom ,

When I click on help, lightroom online I get the following message

Widows cannot find 'http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_about_inproduct_en Make sure you typed te name correctly then try again'
:thinking::thinking:

any ideas why ??

many thanks
gpc

running version 1.3.1. Just does not seem to connect to the net via the help menu. Nothing wrong with my web connections as everything else works just fine...

:thinking::bang:

Not blocked by a firewall or similar?

What happens if you get it to check for updates? Any error msg then?

It seems to pick up the downloads ok, just not connect to adobe help from the help menu, think ill contact adobe.

It seems to pick up the downloads ok, just not connect to adobe help from the help menu, think ill contact adobe.

My copy of 1.3.1 doesn't contact the website for help - it gets it from

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Lightroom%201.3/Resources/en/help/help.html

That's a different option form the Help menu - if you select Lightroom Online you should go to the link the OP had problems with (y)

My copy of 1.3.1 doesn't contact the website for help - it gets it from

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Lightroom%201.3/Resources/en/help/help.html

So does mine.

:nuts: :bonk:

Go to Help > Lightroom Online...

It's the 7th entry in the menu

I had the same problem but it was easy to solve.

Using widows explorer, find any .htm file
Right click and open with and the option to choose program
Then pick your web browser of choice and tick the box Always use selected program for this file type.

Do the same as above with a .html file

Re-load lightroom and problem solved

Thanks whiteflyer. will try this later. The only problem now is my Laptop has stopped working, wont even switch on. Im praying that I can recover all my photos etc as I havent done a backup for a while......

:shrug::eek:

Back