Beginner Lightroom / PS Subscription

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

A quick question regarding my subscription for Lightroom/PS for all you knowledgeable people .. I have a £10 per month subscription and was wondering does that subscription include any form of photo montage program were by I could make a little film with transitions and to include music in the background ?

The package that I signed up for which was 7/8 months ago was a basic type of package that includes Lightroom with a certain amount of storage ( not a lot of storage as far as I can remember) and also Photo Shop …

How would I find out ? How would I check and access it. ?

Please bare in mind you’re talking to a numpty when it comes to PC/ Techy stuff .. I’m definitely not what you’d call PC literate and I only use Lightroom occasionally for very brief edits , I’ve Never ever even explored Photoshop …

Thanks in advance

Coho-Blue

Hi, I can't help with your actual question, BUT thought you might be interested in knowing that Amazon sell 1 Yr bundles of the LR/PS photo bundles (there are 3 different bundles, so do check you get the right one) - and more importantly at various times discount this to ~£70-£90.
You can then buy a 1yr bundle at the discounted price, and use the validation code that it provides to 'top up' your Adobe plan - which gives you 365 days credit, pausing monthly payments until used up.
The same applies to products which include '3 months LR' (for example) - the 3 months credit can be added in the same way.
Helps keep the cost down :)

Hi Guys

A quick question regarding my subscription for Lightroom/PS for all you knowledgeable people .. I have a £10 per month subscription and was wondering does that subscription include any form of photo montage program were by I could make a little film with transitions and to include music in the background ?

The package that I signed up for which was 7/8 months ago was a basic type of package that includes Lightroom with a certain amount of storage ( not a lot of storage as far as I can remember) and also Photo Shop …

How would I find out ? How would I check and access it. ?

Please bare in mind you’re talking to a numpty when it comes to PC/ Techy stuff .. I’m definitely not what you’d call PC literate and I only use Lightroom occasionally for very brief edits , I’ve Never ever even explored Photoshop …

Thanks in advance

Coho-Blue
If you have signed up to the Photography Plan then you will have access to Premier Rush to create videos.

Hi Guys

Although, Rush, as suggested may well be better. you can also edit video in Photoshop

To check your subscription.

Open Lightroom, select help at top then select manage my account.

page will show which sub you have and apps available- select your apps and services

To check your subscription.

Open Lightroom, select help at top then select manage my account.

page will show which sub you have and apps available- select your apps and services

Perfect @nog .. thats probably the place i should start first ...

Another question has sprung to mind that I forgot to ask earlier ...

I have Lightroom / PS downloaded on my PC at home however lets say I wanted to do some editing when I`m at my Daughters , can I download it onto her Laptop and then login with my details ?

Thanks guys thus far with all the replies its really helpful (y)

Coho-Blue

As someone suggested, wait for the Amazon prime day sale or Black Friday etc and top up on the pre paid Adobe subscriptions- well worth it

As someone suggested, wait for the Amazon prime day sale or Black Friday etc and top up on the pre paid Adobe subscriptions- well worth it
Presumably the license is valid from when you activate it and there's no problem swopping license numbers with the cloud based software?

Presumably the license is valid from when you activate it and there's no problem swopping license numbers with the cloud based software?
You get an activation code with the Amazon 1Yr bundles - you then log into your Adobe account, and add that activation code - it then simply adds 1yr credit to your existing subscription, pausing any direct debits until the credit has been used.
You can stack credit, so if you added 1 yr now (giving credit until May 2023) , you could get another 1yr on Black Friday (November), and it would extend the credit to May 2024.

Note that it is important you check you are buying the exact same package as you currently subscribe to, as there are 3 different variations.

Got 2 x Adobe for £93.44 that’s why I mentioned waiting

Attachments

• Adobe.png
    Adobe.png
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
You get an activation code with the Amazon 1Yr bundles - you then log into your Adobe account, and add that activation code - it then simply adds 1yr credit to your existing subscription, pausing any direct debits until the credit has been used.
You can stack credit, so if you added 1 yr now (giving credit until May 2023) , you could get another 1yr on Black Friday (November), and it would extend the credit to May 2024.

Note that it is important you check you are buying the exact same package as you currently subscribe to, as there are 3 different variations.
Got it. I need to upgrade myself this year and it hadn't occurred to me you could do this, so potentially a huge saving.

If you have Creative Cloud then you'd have access to Premier. you could create transitions, add music FX etc.

But it's not automatic. That is, you'd have to import everything, set the transitions, import the music etc. It's all 'fairly' intuitive, but if you say you're not that technical it might be more effort than you're willing to put in.

I have CC through work (so have access to Premier for free), but in the past I used to use Magix to make my holiday videos. They look similar (multi-track etc) but I've not yet made the switch as I don't understand how to make Premier work. I should do it, because the files I create are not compatible with anyone else at work, so if I create a project and someone else wants to edit it, they can't.

If you have an iPhone, then could you not do the editing in iMovie?

Back