Lightroom Raw Files

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Need some help as I have must have done something in Lightroom by mistake , I download my raw files into a one of my computer hard drives and then import them into Lightroom from there when I want to process them, Until recently once I had processed the images and created a Tiff file as the end product both the Tiff and original Raw would be shown in Lightroom and both files would appear in the folder on my hard drive , now for some strange reason the original Raw disappears from my hard drive when I import the images into Lightroom and the only place I have is in Lightroom which is a pain for my workflow. Interestingly I now see a new import folder dialogue box come up when I import the raw files and not sure where this has come from as previously I just used to click file , import and then choose the folder to import so not sure if I accidently done something myself in LR which has led to this issue but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

Assuming you're using Lightroom Classic? If so, on the import screen, right at the very top there should be 4 options, 'copy as dng', 'copy','move' and 'add'. I guess in the past you've always had 'add' selected' but maybe now 'move' is selected. Worth a check.

Assuming you're using Lightroom Classic? If so, on the import screen, right at the very top there should be 4 options, 'copy as dng', 'copy','move' and 'add'. I guess in the past you've always had 'add' selected' but maybe now 'move' is selected. Worth a check.
Simple thing now sorted , thanks very much , must have changed it without realising

Time to get a i.mac Steve

Back