Lightroom time issue

Edit My Images
No
I am now using LR for a lot of things as advised by people on here. I'm getting the hang of it but I have found that on some images especially exported jpg files the time LR uses to oder the library is 1 hour different ie if the original file (working on older jpg images) has a timestamp of 13:10:41 LR displays it as 12:10:41. Sometime the time is way off.

This seems to be down to the Date Created in the Metadata Image section being missing even though (as far as I am aware) all metadata is exported.

Help would be appreciated.

Norman, to me this sounds like you have the clock in your camera set wrong.
Assuming you are in the UK set the clock to GMT and when (if) summertime arrives set the "daylight saving indicator" to on, don't alter the time.

Norman, to me this sounds like you have the clock in your camera set wrong.
Assuming you are in the UK set the clock to GMT and when (if) summertime arrives set the "daylight saving indicator" to on, don't alter the time.
No the camera is set correctly and the time on the original files is correct and daylight saving is off. It only effects the exported jpgs from LR after post processing.
Also the time is synchronised when the camera is connected to the computer for uploading images.

Some of the files were 5 hrs out (plus some minutes & seconds).

I removed all the images from the catalog, optimised it then re-imported all the images, The Date Created in the Metadata Image section was missing so I rechecked the export settings, All metadata was set so I changed it then changed it back and now it seems to be exporting the Date Created and it now seems to be working correctly. Not sure what actually fixed it but it now seems to work as it should.

One thing that is bugging me is Some keywords that were stored in the metadata by a previous program have, despite being removed from the images and deleted from the keyword list on three occasions keep reappearing. I have just had to remove them from the images and delete them from LR again.

I can honestly say that I have not experienced any Date/Time issues but have had some issues with missing/corrupted Metadata when exporting files and the annoying thing is that there is no pattern to it.

I can honestly say that I have not experienced any Date/Time issues but have had some issues with missing/corrupted Metadata when exporting files and the annoying thing is that there is no pattern to it.

Have tried several times to recreate the issue but since re-importing all images I can't. Will keep an eye on things but will also keep fingers crossed, lol.

Thanks all

Back