Lightroom V. Bridge

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi!
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I had lightroom set up to open its import window on insertion of a CF card. I've since loaded CS3 and now when I put a card in the reader; lightroom opens, but its the bridge download window that opens. :shrug:

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Sharkey, I've been through all the options in preferences and couldn't see where to stop it. To be honest I don't care which one I turn off; if I could stop lightroom opening it would be ok. :bang:

Mike

Pc

As I remember from CS3 on PC, the download window has a button bottom LHS which turns it off???

Not sure as I use a MAC. Anyway there is on my screen?

No not on PC; thanks anyway. As I said I wouldn't mind if I could find how to stop either of them , it's just a bit of a pain them both opening; such is life.

Mike

Mike

Had the same problem, couldn't figure out how to solve it. In the end went to the Adobe Forums and got the answer, from Serei Urlof:

Insert card into reader and ignore Bridge
Go to "My Computer"
Right Click the Removable Disk Icon for the card. Select properties.
Select the Auto Play tab
Under Actions the "select an action to perform" button is probably selected. If you scroll down the list of actions you'll probably see " Download Images using CS3 bridge " is highlighted. Change this to " Take no action" .

It works. And when you look at it you think. "That's so obvious why didn't I think of it."

Good things Forums

Well done that man. Simple on the MAC too.

Use Image Capture to decide which you want to open by default. Eazzy Peazzy.

Thanks guys thats stoped them :D Is image capture something I can download? :whistle:

Is it Mac only?

Mike

Right sorted! I can now turn Lr on and off in the preferences, although the programme opens not the import window. I can turn Br on and off in the autoplay properties, now all I need to do is decide which one to use as my default. :bonk:

Mike

although the programme opens not the import window.

Yup known bug or feature depending on you point of view.

Import window will open if LR is running and a card is inserted.

Back