Lightroom Waxy images. I know... I know...

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I've been away for a while now due to family reasons and I've recently started making inroads to gigs again. I recently did a couple of shoots and both of these have returned me awful waxy images when edited in LR. As my subscription had expired I renewed and downloaded LR Classic V 11.4.1 The images are awful! Like some kind of weird painting esque finish. When I was editing previously I never had this issue even though I've read about it all over the place. I've downloaded a copy of Capture one 22 and the images are markedly better but I don'y have the time at the moment to commit fully to C One.

Is there a work around for the skin issue that I'm missing? I'm literally straightening and hitting the auto tone to set a baseline for any further editing.

Thanks
Nick

I’d suggest posting an unedited shot and an example of a processed image
I'll have to take a sample shot tomorrow as the images are from a Pre School graduation and a leavers prom so can't really place one here. Once I've replicated the settings I'll post

I’d suggest posting an unedited shot and an example of a processed image
This. Everyone presumes that we know what thoughts are going on their head (and what a scare thought a that!).
I'm literally straightening and hitting the auto tone to set a baseline for any further editing.
That is probably one thing I would not suggest doing in LR, same as I wouldn't suggest keeping your camera on Auto mode. I suggest clarity and texture can be the culprits. Its best to keep them at zero or worst case +ve single digits. Negative and you are doing crazy things. -20 of both can near enough make nasty bedding creases disappear (useful when you need it).

Hi all, I've been away for a while now due to family reasons and I've recently started making inroads to gigs again. I recently did a couple of shoots and both of these have returned me awful waxy images when edited in LR. As my subscription had expired I renewed and downloaded LR Classic V 11.4.1 The images are awful! Like some kind of weird painting esque finish. When I was editing previously I never had this issue even though I've read about it all over the place. I've downloaded a copy of Capture one 22 and the images are markedly better but I don'y have the time at the moment to commit fully to C One.

Is there a work around for the skin issue that I'm missing? I'm literally straightening and hitting the auto tone to set a baseline for any further editing.

Thanks
Nick
As above we’d need to see an example, also it would be handy to know what camera you have. The reason being is that if it’s Fuji they need different processing techniques (mainly the sharpening panel) to prevent waxy skin and artefacts.

Also, don’t use auto anything.

Back