lightscribe probs

Name
mick hall
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok have a few probs with lightscribe on my mac got me completly foxed!!

brought my powermac g5 last year and its been best thing i've ever done great buy have got my pc but never use it till this week!!

when i brought the g5 thought the only thing i'm missing is my lightscribe so brought a internal lightscribe dvd recorder off e-bay thought no more of it.

Anyway brought a copy of toast which was lightscibe compatible so thought i was ok anyway this week week did a wedding went to burn disc no prob went to lightscribe it
and this message came up

LightScribe device is not ready to print. Please check the following:

- The device is switched on;
- The latest version of Host software is installed.

Host software can be found on the install CD or
http://www.roxio.com/support/maclightscribe

went to the roxio page and downloaded latest version of lightscribe firmware and tried lightscribe page itself but also no luck tried to update superdrive firmware for the dvd recorder but it says not needed also tried different software still no luck was wondering if any of you clever mac people in here knew what i was doing wrong ???

help!!

mick hall:shrug:

Looks as though for some reason the drive is not being recognises as a lightscribe drive. Maybe worth getting the drive I'd checked with the manufatuer to check it out.

I take it you can burn a normal cd/DVD

A tip I picked up at focus from the lightscribe people is to use coloured disks as they give more contrast. Also burning the image twice gives more density. The drive automaticaly positions the disk in the same position each time it burns.

My lightscribe did the very same untill i upgraded the firmware now it works but lightscribe is painfully slow

i tried to update the dvd software but it said not required and would not let me download so bit stuck thanks for all your ideas guys

found some dvd firmware which would load still no joy!!

I had a similar problem on a pc laptop and tried to install the latest upgrade with no joy, so I don't know if this will help, or apply, but here goes. :shrug:

I contacted Lightscribe direct and was told that the upgrade could not be preformed until I had installed the latest .net update. It was a permissions issue (do you get these on Mac's..??).

That done, everything worked fine. I did have to update both firmware on the drive and the Lightscribe drivers but it was sorted once the OS was sorted.

where was the contact-for lightscribe?

You know what... they're buggers :razz:. I have just looked over the entire site (as far as I can see) and they have now removed the contact details / enquiry form :nono:

I funnily enough, the problem I had before is now shown on the the site before you even get into the faq's or forums, so it must have been a big one.

Sorry I can't help further. If it helps, this is the email adress I got my reply from originally - lightscribe.support@lightscribe.com - you could just try it and see what happens :shrug:

Cheers

Back