Lightweight ballhead for a7?

Edit My Images
No
Hey, I just recently got back into photog and must have sold my tripod head in the past so looking for a new one for my a7, definitely won't be over 2kg total camera weight.
I'd like a pretty damn light setup and would prioritize it over stability as I'll be doing fairly long journeys with it.

I've got a set of gitzo legs that weigh just over a kilo and I was hoping to get a ball head that doesn't add much to this, though it seems the majority are 400-1kg?

Seems like I may end up getting something old and simple like a manfrotto 494rc2 but curious if anyone had any better suggestions for a similarly lightweight head.

Many thanks

Using the 3lt airhead pro, massive payload but about £130 compared to £70 for the manfrotto.

Using the 3lt airhead pro, massive payload but about £130 compared to £70 for the manfrotto.
I was actually considering the 3lt airhed neo 2, seems to be the pro but without the friction control and half the capacity but only £70. Although the manfrotto is pretty regularly £25 new so wondering if I'd be better off getting that and if need be a much higher quality head in future

Wow, never realised you could get it at that price. I like the friction control though. Any s/h on ebay perhaps?

Oh I meant used not sure why I said new :beer:... Also I'm thinking of a different model, the one with only the locking knob

I use an original 3LT Travis with the standard ballhead.

A7, A7Riii, GM primes, Tamron 70-180/2.8, Move Shoot Move star tracker..... The ballhead I use between the MSM tracker & the camera is an even smaller/cheaper one... K&F maybe.....?

No, just checked Amazon - Neewer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DXFZB2Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That move shoot move tracker sounds interesting, didn't realise budget ones existed nowadays

Back