Like a kid at Christmas... (now with pic)

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I am like kid at xmas today.

Just ordered myself:

D700
2 x SB900
Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
32gb of Sandisk Extreme CF cards

From Jessops

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8

from Warehouse Express

Should all be arriving tomorrow :D

Also ordered a LinkDelight grip but its coming from the Far East so it'll take at least 12 days, and I needed it within 8 days! Means I also need to buy a spare battery as the grip came with 2.

Got to buy or make a rapid strap for myself now, as well as get a lencarta background and other bits and pieces! :D

Can't wait :D

Last edited:
Congratulations on a nice bit of order; a sure good upgrade from a D60 (but I love the small form of the D60 / D40).

The D60 will still be used. Going to use it as a backup camera as its still capable, only let down is ISO.

It's also ideal for throwing in the rucksack to carry with me all the time :D

took tomorrow off work to take delivery as everything should be here by then.

get an email from Jessops timed at 16:45 stating I need to phone someone as my order has been due to a security check. Please phone before 17:00. Phoned and kept going straight to answer phone :(

:bang:

Now I am really peeved!

took tomorrow off work to take delivery as everything should be here by then.

get an email from Jessops timed at 16:45 stating I need to phone someone as my order has been due to a security check. Please phone before 17:00. Phoned and kept going straight to answer phone :(

:bang:

Now I am really peeved!

Bloody hell i dont blame you mate. I would be seething.

Try phoning your bank/cc card holder. That way they will release the funds, and it should go through.

:D You lucky lucky *******.

I have the D700 and 24-70. They make a great combination.

The SB900 is a beast too!

Edit: Sorry just seen the problem post. Could you not pick them up from a store near you?

Last edited:
Doh.. Dont look at my last post in this section then.. I dont think you'd appreciate it after that dissapointment.

Well, The useless lazy guy from Jessops called me back 5 minutes ago, asked me to confirm address and an item on my list. Then informs me that despite having the D700 in stock yesterday they are now out of them and its a 10 days turn around.

Wedding on the 12th I needed it for! :crying:

I've always stuck up for Jessops but now they can say goodbye to any more money from me!
:annoyed:

Gonna be the longest 24 hours of your life !

Nice one mate, what an order that is!! You need to get me a job where you work! ;)

Shame about Jessops messing you about though! :(

Lencarta stand and backgrounds arrived today. The background box was damp when I took delivery, and the bottom was soaked. Was dreading another issue but thanks to the pastic bag they come in everything was ok :) got to check stand yet but at least somethings turned up.

jessops delivery + camera from Warehouse express should arrive before noon tomoz.

Just hope Parcel Force left my lens from WE with next door :confused:

Nice one mate, what an order that is!! You need to get me a job where you work! ;)

Shame about Jessops messing you about though! :(

I wish I had a job that paid for it. It's all on a loan, looking at it as an investment. :)

Last edited:

DSC_0001 by Stu_Farnell, on Flickr

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

D700 is a complete beast next to my D60, and the number of buttons etc. Taking the manual to work later, give me something to do :D

Just need to sort out some decent rechargeable batteries + charger now and I can start playing with the sb900's too :) and need some umbrella mounts for stands, oh and.....

the list never ends does it?

Very nice! Beats my little haul the other day.
Now get rid of that "fake" 70-200 and buy a real one :D

I can highly reccomended Thom Hogans guide to the D700 if the manual makes no sense to you. Its a bit pricey, but very in depth and easy to understand. Comes as a printed book and PDF file, so you can have it with you everywhere.

Great purchase mate, you cannot be any other than over the moon, hope to see it all at the next Midlands/Staffs meeting
dont forget to register it within 30 days for the extra 12 months warranty
Dave

Last edited:
MMMM Nice!!!:D Green with envy :)

And well done for getting the missus some flowers - always a good move :)

Last edited:
Very nice! Beats my little haul the other day.
Now get rid of that "fake" 70-200 and buy a real one :D

I can highly reccomended Thom Hogans guide to the D700 if the manual makes no sense to you. Its a bit pricey, but very in depth and easy to understand. Comes as a printed book and PDF file, so you can have it with you everywhere.

Thanks I'll have a look at that, and yes, having hired the real 70-200 last year I want it. wanted a D3s over the D700 to but money wouldn't allow it! Glad I got the real 24-70 though.

Great purchase mate, you cannot be any other than over the moon, hope to see it all at the next Midlands/Staffs meeting
dont forget to register it within 30 days for the extra 12 months warranty
Dave

Yep, all warranty stuff is on the side ready to sort out. Just got to figure it out :)

NIIIIIIICE!! :D

Now leave it all alone and update your 'camera' under your avatar pic!! ;)

Done :D

Nice!

Will be interesting to see how you get on with the 24-70, I always lusted after that combo and was a bit let down when I finally got it, the 24-70 just didn't do it for me, whereas the 70-200 definitely does. I have to settle for the older 80-200 equivalent for the time being though.

Just need to sort out some decent rechargeable batteries + charger now

no contest

eneloops plus one of these chargers..."link"

note to self...envy is a sin........:shake:

Last edited:
Bet you never use the D60 now despite wanting it as a back up.

Mine seems like a toy now compared to my D300s

Nice set you've got yourself there (y) ... you'll just love using them big time.

As for the batteries, I'll second the suggestion for the eneloops; I've got a load of them, and they've served me very well.

Yeah FITP also suggested those make of batteries.

First outing out during break at work, 2 drunk idiots called me a p****. Mouthed of back and told them I wasn't in to kids, just their mums. Lots of laughing by the people outside Maccie D's so they slumped off :)

Bet you never use the D60 now despite wanting it as a back up.

Mine seems like a toy now compared to my D300s

Agreed. I never used my D60 when I upgraded to a D90 so sold it. Then I got a D700 and the D90 never got used once, even that felt like a toy in comparison, so I sold that too.

A D700 and a D60 in the same bag is like having a ming vase sitting in the conservatory opposite a Tesco one.

That 24-70 is a lovely lens.

So if you wanted the D3s would a second hand D3 not have been a viable alternative? Nothing wrong with the D700 by the way.. in fact its a cracking camera.

Agreed. I never used my D60 when I upgraded to a D90 so sold it. Then I got a D700 and the D90 never got used once, even that felt like a toy in comparison, so I sold that too.

A D700 and a D60 in the same bag is like having a ming vase sitting in the conservatory opposite a Tesco one.

LOL, the D60 will be backup only until I can get the D3s/D4 and make the D700 the backup. Then it'll be given to the wife, a friend or my brother if he still wants it!

That 24-70 is a lovely lens.

So if you wanted the D3s would a second hand D3 not have been a viable alternative? Nothing wrong with the D700 by the way.. in fact its a cracking camera.

Wanted the D3s for iso and for video, really wanted to try it out. It'll just have to wait until I've paid the loan off and can afford to buy it or its replacement.

Stop showing me :bat:

I keep convincing myself that I don't want a D700 and my D90 is fine. I just know that I'll succumb before long :LOL:

Andy

LOL, the D60 will be backup only until I can get the D3s/D4 and make the D700 the backup. Then it'll be given to the wife, a friend or my brother if he still wants it!

Kind of same boat here... I take the D60 with me but hope that I never have to use it.

Was considering getting a D90 or something to replace it but think I'll hold out till I get a D3 (or whatever replaces it in however many years time) and relegate the D300s to backup

I keep convincing myself that I don't want a D700 and my D90 is fine. I just know that I'll succumb before long :LOL:

Andy

x2 Andy!! :(

Just dont have the ca$h at the moment though.....next on the hitlist is a 24-70 me thinks

As for batteries, you wont go wrong with a set of either eneloops or 7dayshop ones :) (y)

Andy

So if we end up at a stoke meet some time i'll make sure you don't try it out ;) :D

As for batteries, you wont go wrong with a set of either eneloops or 7dayshop ones :) (y)

Ordered 24 from them last night with 2 chargers, 24 batteries from 7day was about £20 cheaper than anywhere else I found :O

Last edited:
7dayshop is THE one when it comes to that sort of stuff!

Shame about their delivery times, but if you arent in a rush, its perfect! :D

So if we end up at a stoke meet some time i'll make sure you don't try it out ;) :D

Ordered 24 from them last night with 2 chargers, 24 batteries from 7day was about £20 cheaper than anywhere else I found :O

Now you can enjoy that 8fps if you get a grip. Not that you'll probably need it, but it sounds impressive :D

I wouldn't go that far :razz: :LOL:

Seriously though, you have got a quality piece of kit and I'm sure you are going to love it.

A d700 will be my next upgrade but I need to make the D90 earn it's keep first. I'm not doing weddings so the D90 will be OK for portraits to begin with.

Andy

Back