Answered Like alerts

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
In the past, if someone liked a post I could click on it and it would take me to the post in question. This now seems to be a bit random - it might take you to the liked post or it may take you elsewhere.

Similarly, when I open a thread it used to take me to the last post I saw. This too is now rather random.

Petty perhaps, but more than a little annoying.

I've just done some simple tests and it works fine for me. What operating system and browser are you using? Do you allow cookies and do you delete cookies at any point, e.g. some browsers can be set to delete cookies when you close the browser. Do you have Javascript enabled?

I have little idea what any of that means unfortunately.

It used to be fine, now it isn't.

I've changed nothing as far as I know.

I use google chrome and windows, if that helps.

Had this for a little while on Firefox and recently Brave.
macOS - Catalina
Don't delete cookies as a 'blanket' process.
Javascript ... unsure.

I use google chrome and windows, if that helps.

I've just tried Chrome on Windows and it all seems fine, I'm not sure what to suggest. What version of Chrome - click the three little dots top right, below the 'X' you use to close the window and then choose Help -> About Google Chrome and it should have a version number

and recently Brave
Anyone using Brave gets what they deserve, if it gets any significant market share it will be the death of the world wide web so a few issues with likes will be the least of anyone's problems.

click the three little dots top right, below the 'X' you use to close the window and then choose Help -> About Google Chrome and it should have a version number
Version 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not a huge issue, just a bit annoying. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
All good here, W7 and Opera

Not a huge issue, just a bit annoying. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'm sure it is and I'm sure you are not the only one and thanks for reporting it, it's good to know what people's experiences are, even if I can't offer much help. Chrome 93 is fairly up to date so it should be OK. You could try things like deleting cookies but then you would have to log in again.

I wonder if @Tori_T has any suggestions?

Anyone using Brave gets what they deserve, if it gets any significant market share it will be the death of the world wide web so a few issues with likes will be the least of anyone's problems.
Thanks for your vote of confidence, whilst you have a vested interest for personal reasons, others may have a personal interest for their reasons.

Back