Critique Lilioceris lilii

Absolute B-----s!

They are among the more 'alien' looking bugs.

Clear shots though.

You must try flicking the leaves to send them pinging into the undergrowth.

Last edited:
Not surprised you haven't told missus excellent shots and especially love the "fatty" larvae...

Not seen any on our lilies and have been keeping an eye for them.

You must try flicking the leaves to send them pinging into the undergrowth.

TBH I came out with three attached to my diffuser when I went poking it in there. They are messy little b*****rs.

Not seen any on our lilies and have been keeping an eye for them.

I'll send you some if you like. I'm sure Mrs G will just pick them all off and squash them when she sees them anyway...

Thanks all!

Great stuff Tim

Wow, #3 is my pic of the bunch. Love it when you can see all the little hairs!!

That first shot is top notch (y) background colour sets it of to perfection.

First one is stunning Tim what a great angle and the lighting and background are spot on:)

Great stuff Tim

Thank you Alf

Great shots, I esp like the first and the last.

Cheers Kurt. The last one reminded me of a tulip, or maybe a lollipop... not gonna try tasting it though!

Wow, #3 is my pic of the bunch. Love it when you can see all the little hairs!!

You know, I really like how that one came out. I didn't think I was going to like it and only really took it to show a different phase of their life cycle, but I think it looks good in it's own right. Took me a while to find a clean one though, most of the others were covered in s**t. Thanks :)

That first shot is top notch (y) background colour sets it of to perfection.

Thank you. I held out a fallen (and yellowing) leaf to fill in the background a bit, otherwise it would likely have been black. Works quite well with the red I think.

Beautiful set! Love the yellow background, number 1 is definitely my favourite!

Thanks Billy

First is ace
Thanks

First one is stunning Tim what a great angle and the lighting and background are spot on:)
Cheers Pete

Love the shots but can't take to the bugs they have to go.

Ha ha, exactly what my wife said. She's bought some bug killer! I think she missed her window of opportunity though, I bet many of the bugs have dropped to the ground now where they will pupate over winter and be ready for the next batch of lilies next year ;) Thanks Trevor.

Trevor

Excellent set

Thanks Keith

Nice photo's, that first one looks like it's on sentry duty.

Back