Lily The Pink ......

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
Haven't shot many flowers recently so here's one I made earlier! ;)

PINK_LILY.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

crikey that's good! (y)
I'm warming to the black background idea

Great shot. Like the black background a lot. Lighting in my opinion is spot on. How'd you do it then?

OOH, Like that one! I have a black box frame with a cream mount that would look good in! :D :D :D

wow great shot, love the lighting

:D Thanks for your kind comments :D

Great shot. Like the black background a lot. Lighting in my opinion is spot on. How'd you do it then?

Thanks Kendo.

The plant was standing on a silver card on the windowsill with natural light coming in. There was a sliver reflector on the darker side to push some light back in and that's it really. Oh and there was a sheet of greaseproof paper taped to the window to diffuse the light because it was quite strong. A little adjustment to the levels then a slight sharpen after resizing. ;)

True Blue Peter stuff but so bloomin' effective!!! Great stuff!

Thanks Donna, I may well try to re-create the technique, not the shot. I personally don't think it could be bettered. Now where does my better half keep the kitchen again so I collect the required items?

love the colours and the light...think the stamens look a bit sharp compared to the petals though....might just be me nitpicking.It's a lovely image!

Back