Lily

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Here's a shot of a Lily (stolen out of my mum's vase for the use of my photography :LOL: )

Lily by rob_mank, on Flickr

C&C More than welcome :)

Thanks for looking.

Thank you :)

I'm not quite sure what you are looking at on the left? :LOL: the black space or I'm I missing something? :thinking:

I like this alot, but agree on the background. Just black and there are some odd shadows? :shrug: The lily is beautiful though!

Fabulous detail and colour on the lily. I can see what Tina means though . To the left there is a distracting floral pattern and then again on the fade to white from black. As has already been said would be great on a pure black background. .

I did take a couple, didn't really look at the others, just saw the one above and was happy with it :LOL:

Here's another one with a little tweaking to get the background black, albeit with a little dark shadows on the RHS.

Lily by rob_mank, on Flickr

C&C welcome again. :)

Fabulous detail and colour on the lily. I can see what Tina means though . To the left there is a distracting floral pattern and then again on the fade to white from black. As has already been said would be great on a pure black background. .

Ahh yes, there is a floral wall paper there but i boosted the blacks to what I thought I was seeing was black :LOL: I guess I'm seeing something different on my Macbook, will have to have a look on the PC.

I did want a pure black background but didn't have much to hand :(

Ahh yes, there is a floral wall paper there but i boosted the blacks to what I thought I was seeing was black :LOL: I guess I'm seeing something different on my Macbook, will have to have a look on the PC.

I did want a pure black background but didn't have much to hand :(

Phew! I was beginning to think I should call in the folk with the long sleeved jacket :nuts: I even copied your image to look

5765920863_4fc271bf99_b.jpg

Will take it down on your say so

:LOL: Cheating! :p

I guess my attempt to make the background black wasn't that good then :LOL:

I prefer the second one Rob. Although I said previously a pure black background is needed I do think that the graduated one works ok here, probably due to the floral wallpaper distractions gone. Nice work .

Thank you.

If I get a chance tomorrow I will reshoot it with a black background (time to rummage around the house!!)

Right, I guess the eagle eye'd people above aren't actually that eagle eye'd.... just have a decent calibrated monitor :LOL:

I changed the display on my macbook to Adobe RGB and could spot it right away. Is this what I should have my screen set to? Everythings a little bluey :thinking:

Anyway, to the people above that spotted my school boy error. Have I corrected it below?

Lily Edit by rob_mank, on Flickr

C&C Welcome again :)

Back