Lime green and hairy............

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I caught this little one crossing the road. We were both crossing the road, but I had time to hobble to the house, have a quick look in the book, get the camera and come back before it got to the other side........ it's nice at the moment to find something that moves even slower than I do (y) It's the caterpillar of the pale tussock moth - a new one on me. It's a bit late for it to be out and about so I hope it makes it to become a moth. Somehow I don't think the blackbird will be eating it.... Sorry about the only shot being from above - if I tried for a side on shot I'd still be trying to get up again :(

Pale tussock moth caterpillar by Jannyfox, on Flickr

Ha lovely Jan what ails ya mate I hope you mend soon.:)
Jan we found something very similar a few years back,new to me too,whether or not same species I am unsure but that lime green and white fluff can't be found on that many species???

Maybe pov is compromised but damn don't he pop against the road:) Properly sharp at this resolution too very nice Jan:cool:

stu

Thanks Stu, I think these are fairly unique, and it certainly stood out. I just love the tail, and it had a cute little face when it climbed the kerb. According to my book it's the tussocks on the caterpillar that give the moth its name. And the leg is much better now - just a bit of a flare up of an old injury. Advancing age or a mispent youth - I'm not sure which is worst..............

advancing age.....youth was meant to be misspent,:D

It was in one of the slaughters Jan near bourton on the water no pics sadly bautiful little chap!! i'm ok but not great on catty's Jan I know we felt it special enough to search hard for what it was. But yes that was what struck me, " unique" i've seen nothing like this before or since until this post cheers for sharing in the best sense of the phrase mate

mend well mate had a cartilidge go yonks back one gets a real handle on just how lucky we are to be able to walk,when ya just can't tis sobering

you take care kiddo :)

stu

Back