Lincoln Cathedral

Edit My Images
No
A photograph taken late in the afternoon. I'd spent the morning in the local art gallery and seen a lot of paintings of the city. Maybe that influenced the post processing that I gave this image! It's much heavier than my shots usually receive.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/gallery-going.html

Lincoln-Cathedral-5.jpg

This a cracking shot, my only critic is the modern buildings in the fore ground, i kinda feel it would look a 100% with out them.

Thanks Pirate & Rocket for your comments - much appreciated. I use a manual white balance half the time, and auto the other half. This was taken with auto. I always shoot RAW, so white balance is less of an issue.

Rocket - Your thought regarding the buildings at the bottom was mine too, and I initially did a crop to remove them. But then the shot looked top heavy, so I darkened them to reduce their impact.

Regards, Tony

Yes, I like where you have gone with this, although the process is heavier than normal, it still feels a 'light touch' and doesn't look over processed.

My only slight niggle is I'd like a smidgen more empty space on either the left or right, the cathedral is just a bit central for my eyes.

Still, cracking work.

Thanks Les & JPS. This shot was taken from the top of a dual-carriageway flyover to the south of the Cathedral JPS. I had to shoot between lamp posts and make sure the tops of lorries didn't intrude on the bottom of the frame, but it seems a good place if you want the cathedral from a distance.

Regards, Tony

Back