Lindisfarne panorama

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I got up to Northumberland this week and tried a panorama on Holy Island (Lindisfarne). It is two shots with the Sigma 10-20mm EX at 15mm stitched together.

Just below the castle there are some lovely colourful rock striations and rotting upright posts at the water's edge add foreground interest.

C&C welcome...

Doesnt work for me, the concept is brilliant but the castle needs to be the focal point and not a blur in the distance.........sorry

I was more interested in the colours and textures of the rocks. Castles are done to death, I regarded it as an incidental detail.

I am not sure that you really drove to somewhere where there is a castle without thinking that the castle was important in some way HOWEVER.....

The composition is rather good, I like the idea of the fierce foreground protecting the castle (or at least characterising the castle as being protected).

The exposure seems to be handled very well throughout the image however the sharpening/re-sizing artefacts make it a a little uncomfortable to view. I am sure they will be there at the full resolution so would suggest re-doing so we can be treated to what MUST be a better image.
(y)

Is it oversharpened? I find it difficult to judge, I haven't been doing this for very long. I used to like doing the obvious stuff like castles but I find they're a bit overpowering. I bracketed the shots and used the most underexposed raw files because I wanted as much detail as possible in the sky, though it was just grey and murky. I then used a Levels layer to lighten the landscape, could this have introduced artifacts?

I like it, very much. Why is it here, and not over on landscapes?

Forgot there was a dedicated Landscapes forum!

Anyway, I'll re-work the image, brighten it up and sharpen it less. Thanks for the comments.

Back