Linking from Picasa?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have no trouble linking form flickr - but when I follow the same procedure with Picasa, nothing appears?

Any ideas :thinking:

Hi, I have no trouble linking form flickr - but when I follow the same procedure with Picasa, nothing appears?

Are you linking to the page rather than the picture?

I run a forum where people try that sometimes and you just get a blank.

To obtain the picture url you can right click on the picture and view picture. The url for the picture itself is what you need to put into the forum usually.

your vulcan on flickr, page url

An example coming up.... if this works now i'm going to cry.

Vulcan%

phew, it didnt.

This little box is what I get.

Thanks fella's

:thinking: I can see your version of my image, but mine just shows a little box with a red square, green circle and blue triangle in.

Any more ideas?

Clear you Chache and/or click CTRL+F5, see if that helps.

If it help's, I use the Firefox browser

yes, I'm using firefox too, I was just about to suggest the cache thing, though I don't understand where what you are seeing comes from.

Control+F5 doesnt change anything?

If I download firefox as a browser do I have to uninstall msn and do I lose my msn? Forgive my dumbness (though this is only the tip of the iceberg).

Control+F5 doesnt change anything?

If I download firefox as a browser do I have to uninstall msn and do I lose my msn? Forgive my dumbness (though this is only the tip of the iceberg).

No, you can keep msn (in all senses)

However this seems to be more than a question of choice of browser doesn't it?

Changing browsers seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but I wouldn't go back to IE as I much prefer Firefox.

How do I clear my cache :puke:

Just linked another set of photos to a new thread and I cant see those either so its definatelty a link to picasa rather than, errrm something else :LOL:

I really should have paid more attention at school.

How do I clear my cache :puke:

Just linked another set of photos to a new thread and I cant see those either so its definatelty a link to picasa rather than, errrm something else :LOL:

I really should have paid more attention at school.

It is only you that can't see the pics though isn't it? We can see them on that thread too.

What browser are you using? Cache clearing is usually in options, firefox calls it clearing private data then breaks it down further for you.

:crying: I am so dim. Sorry. :geek:

I think im using windows internet explorer but not 100% sure what 'browser' means. Boy, its tough to lay out my ineptitude like this. :amstupid:

:crying: I am so dim. Sorry. :geek:

I think im using windows internet explorer but not 100% sure what 'browser' means. Boy, its tough to lay out my ineptitude like this. :amstupid:

oh don't worry, blind leading the blind here!

If it is what came with the computer and the computer is running windows then it is internet explorer.

Many thanks Gazeed - will do so asap but got bucket loads to do for the mother - in - laws 80th this evening, so if its ok with you it may be tomorrow.
Thanks, Neil :)

In the URL link that you copy from picasa, before the name of the picture, add /s800/

Example:

ggpht.com/phil.golan/SPRsa7q5mGI/AAAAAAAAA18/oXebl-Das-g/s800/DSC_2317.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

Why s800? I looked at some of his pics on another thread and it was s720 as is the picture from Captain Penguin that I posted.

I'm not sure that is going to help anyway as he is posting pics ok, just can't see them himself.

What does the s bit signify?

Why s800? I looked at some of his pics on another thread and it was s720 as is the picture from Captain Penguin that I posted.

I'm not sure that is going to help anyway as he is posting pics ok, just can't see them himself.

What does the s bit signify?

Why? I don't know. When I also initially had this problem, the answer that I found included the "s800".
Works every time and I have used it ever since as you can see above. (y)

Why? I don't know. When I also initially had this problem, the answer that I found included the "s800".
Works every time and I have used it ever since as you can see above. (y)

If you use the location of the picture then you get the s bit into the url automatically.

The problem here, though, doesn't appear to be addinfg the picture to a thread, but for the person posting the picture to be able to see it himself.

I have no idea why that is. Is that the problem that you had as well?

if you use s720 it will resize to be 720 pixels.

S800 will resize to be 800 pixels.

Can also get 400, 200, 220 etc just try it.

if you use s720 it will resize to be 720 pixels.

S800 will resize to be 800 pixels.

Can also get 400, 200, 420, 220 etc just try it.

Ah, thank you for that.

Is the issue something to do with picture size then? Though presumably that doesn't explain why the person posting the pic can't see it but the rest can.

If you use the location of the picture then you get the s bit into the url automatically.

The problem here, though, doesn't appear to be addinfg the picture to a thread, but for the person posting the picture to be able to see it himself.

I have no idea why that is. Is that the problem that you had as well?

The original post mentions picasa specifically.
Now that you've made me think about it though. My first attempts with flickr were all misses, until I realised that I was trying to link to the thumbnail instead of opening the photo and choosing the size needed to post.
In picasa too, you have to open the photo and then link and add the "s800". Could this be the OP's problem?

The original post mentions picasa specifically.
Now that you've made me think about it though. My first attempts with flickr were all misses, until I realised that I was trying to link to the thumbnail instead of opening the photo and choosing the size needed to post.
In picasa too, you have to open the photo and then link and add the "s800". Could this be the OP's problem?

Yes, he said he had the problem with Picasa and not flickr, and I wondered if it was because he wasn't providing a direct link to the picture itself, rather than the page on which the picture sits. This happens with the sort of setup you have on here for picture posting, it happens on a forum I run myself.

However it got more complicated when it seemed he can post pictures, he just can't see them himself.

Yes, he said he had the problem with Picasa and not flickr, and I wondered if it was because he wasn't providing a direct link to the picture itself, rather than the page on which the picture sits. This happens with the sort of setup you have on here for picture posting, it happens on a forum I run myself.

However it got more complicated when it seemed he can post pictures, he just can't see them himself.

Pictures linked from picasa without the "S" factor cannot be seen on the forum pages.
What he can and can't see, is something else.

Back