Lion & Tigers

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I have to say, I am more than a bit displeased at myself for effing these up a treat, I should have bitten the bullet and gone for higher ISO [these were at 400 and it wasnt enough with cloudy skies and the beasties hanging around under trees] but...these are the best of a bad bunch. Shot at 1/250, on F5.6 at 300mm [its as quick as my 70-300 lens will go] Levels lifted right up, noise reduction, sharpened :shrug:

tigers.jpg

lion4.jpg

tiger7.jpg

hope you don't mind LL but I had a quick play with levels and selective colour,
if you don't like it say so and I will hit the delete button

tigersa.jpg

tiger7a.jpg

Perhaps I pushed them a little too far? :shrug: I brought down the greens and boosted the yellows / reds in an effort to make the Tiggers stand out a little more

LOL. Dem greens are looking decidedly Brazilian Rain Forest. :D
Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes. The only thing I'd say is I have very few qualms about using 800 ISO in poor light, but I don't care to go any higher than that.

LOL. Dem greens are looking decidedly Brazilian Rain Forest. :D
Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes. The only thing I'd say is I have very few qualms about using 800 ISO in poor light, but I don't care to go any higher than that.

the main problem was the big tiger nearest to me, as seen above, he kept moving, he was very restless, so I had to keep the shutter speeds up, whilst still trying to get the two further away in the background who were fairly still, which is why he isnat as bad as the other two, could have dropped lower for them and all this whilst feilding dirty looks from other visitors as we had nabbed the best view point :LOL: Plus, the one thing I will defer to canon on is noise, my nikons do get noticably more noisy above 400, more so than a canon, so if i can I try to keep below it.,,,but sometimes you realise you shouldnt have, C'est la vie and all that! ;)

LOL. I dream about low noise at high ISOs .

Well mostly. :D

Back