Liquid or gel stick sensor cleaner?

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
I would like to clean my D610 sensor. Never having done this before myself I'm wondering if the gel stick would be a good option for me. It just seems to make sense. ie. Grab the dirt rather that smearing it with a fluid. I'm happy to have some kit recommendations. :)

Sensorklear is okay for dust but not so great for pollen, then for me it's a wet clean.

Wet clean here, not tried the gel sticks.

I've wet cleaned before with Eclipse fluid and sensor swabs, but the Sensorklear lenspen is just so easy for routine cleaning, I've not needed to do a wet clean for a long time.

Gel stick for me, never tried a wet clean though so maybe they are really easy too!

I've always used sensor clean pens myself. Never really had the need for a wet clean.

I've done both. Gel stick is definitely the less hassle of the two but both do a good job.

Only ever done wet cleans - straightforward enough. Didn't even know there was another option. Might try the gel when I run out of my (horrendously expensive) wet clean swabs.

For a small bottle of cleaning fluid and also swabs it seems very expensive. That's photography I suppose. :(

Which gel sticks are people using and where is best place to buy? I fancy giving them a try.

Back