Lissa's Photo52 - Week 8 "Chaos" added

Great image Lissa, I like your style :)

I think Andy's (posiview's) edit is the best crop at the minute, the image did feel like it was missing something with the light outside the door cropped out completely.

Also, well done for getting yourself infront of the camera! sheds a few inhibitions! keep up the good work aand I look forward to seeing more (y)

Hiya Lissa,

Sorry seem to have missed your week 6 image which I think is a great take on the theme and I like the way you have taken the image and blurred it to add to the cluttered mind thought process.

With your week 7 - Delicate, I actually prefer your original post, as you say it leaves one with a feeling of being forgotten whilst the world carries on behind the door. Love the way you have 'dolled' yourself for the image and hats off to you for being so creative.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Well last night myself and a friend attended another Secret Cinema event.

For those of you who havent heard of the Secret Cinema the idea is you purchase tickets but you do not know what film you are going to see or even the location of the event. They put on a whole production before the film itself and everyone is required to dress up.

One week before the event you recieve an email informing you of the tube station at which you need to arrive and what costume to wear.

I feel that this in itself fits the definition of chaos extremely well. Chaos = a state of extreme confusion and disorder

So with that in mind here are my entries for week 8 from last nights event I am currently torn between two.

Disorder by purpleskyes, on Flickr

Painting chaos by purpleskyes, on Flickr
I am happy enough with these pictures and thankfully they fit the theme as I am again jammed packed with uni work to do this week and wont have any more time to spare.

Last edited:
You certainly don't hang about! :) I quite like the idea of Secret Cinema idea - does it only happen in London? (I'm guessing that's where it was).

As for Chaos I like the first picture, but it's a pity all the traffic is in the way, taking the focus of the image away. I think the flash hitting the back of the Honda Jazz is a bit distracting and keeps pulling my attention.

#2 is great. I wonder what it would look like in B&W with selective colouring on the painting. The harsh shadows work quite well in this, good job (y)

Hiya Lissa,

Wow you are quick with this one and how lucky you were to have the opportunity to use last nights event for this weeks theme.

I think the cars in the first image, in a way, add chaos to the setting, but agree with Steven's comment about the light off the back of the car.

#2 for me is the best and I like Steven's suggestion.

Both great photos for this week.

Well done (y)

Cheers

Hi Lisa, Just wanted to add to the compliments for the 'delicate ' shot.
First class and v original.

Hiya Lissa,

Wow you are quick with this one and how lucky you were to have the opportunity to use last nights event for this weeks theme.

I think the cars in the first image, in a way, add chaos to the setting, but agree with Steven's comment about the light off the back of the car.

#2 for me is the best and I like Steven's suggestion.

Both great photos for this week.

Well done (y)

Cheers

well done for being able to post so quickly, Image number 1 is very good for the chaos theme. The car is a little detracting, but then this is chaos isn't it! Some selective colouring would look great on number 2. (y)

I am not skilled enough yet in PP to pull off selective colour I did try though. :LOL:

Delicate - classic, thats a great shot, one of my favourites so far in the 52s!

Hi Lissa! I'm really struggling to keep up with this thread, and missing some great shots in the process...!
LOVE your 'delicate' shot! It's spot on on just about every level. (y)

I really like both of your 'Chaos' shots, both very fitting, and great impact too! Well done! :)

Lissa, I love your delicate photo, very well done. I know how difficult it is as I attempted a 365 of selfies the other year.

I like both the Chaos shots, and really don't know which one I would choose myself

Hi Lissa,

I also love the delicate photo and both choas photos. I think the first chaos photo really puts you there with the protesters, and the second I think just works really well to represent chaos..

Will keep an eye on this thread for weeks to follow :D

Will.

Lissa, I love your delicate photo, very well done. I know how difficult it is as I attempted a 365 of selfies the other year.

I like both the Chaos shots, and really don't know which one I would choose myself

Hi Lissa,

I also love the delicate photo and both choas photos. I think the first chaos photo really puts you there with the protesters, and the second I think just works really well to represent chaos..

Will keep an eye on this thread for weeks to follow :D

Will.

Thank you for the comments. =)

Hi Lissa
+1 for the "delicate" pic. Great idea and brilliantly executed. I like the 2nd version without the door handle. Also like the processed version which is a bit scary.

I like the idea for the "chaos" pic and it certainly looks as though is was chaotic.
The cars in the foregound are too dominant and block the interesting part of the image.

You've got a good imagination and some great ideas. (y)

Back