Lit Up Church

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Once again, complete beginner. D3100 with kit 18-55 lens.

This is a church in a little village called Morriston. I was perched up on a mountain as its a small valley. Please please please comment and criticize to your hearts content.

5368391194_4849c233b0_b.jpg

The more i look at it the more faults i can see. The houses directly infront of the church are in the way. Also the trees in the foreground are a little distracting. Never mind.

Thanks
Dan

Have you tried cropping in? There is too much going on really so the church is not the focus of attention when I look. The white arched lights to the upper right and the blue/white on the upper right are distracting. Also looks a tad over sharpened.

By disciplining myself can see why you want the church, what lens were you using? Can you zoom in?

Thats as far in as i can get it really. I was a fair distance away. Its a 18-55 nikon kit lens. I havnt cropped it at all but i shall give it ago and post it up again. I have sharpened it tho. i'll drop that down too. Thanks.

On the plus side, its nicely exposed.
Compositionally though, the church is a bit central in the frame and there is probably too much uninteresting foreground.
You could consider a crop following the rule of thirds, with the church in the right third of the frame.

Nice night time shot, i prefer the full size version, if it were mine i would clone out the street lamp bottom right and just have the bushes lit (y)

Back