Little Budworth Church

Name
Paul Stringer
Edit My Images
Yes
04.jpg

C&C Welcomed

Nicely composed shot, looks a little dark on this monitor, but probably just the monitor.

Slightly distracted trying to figure out what the white stuff/shape thing is at the bottom third, left. - Given that the church is framed by the dark trees either side it kind of spoils it a bit and I would have tried to clone it out. The only other thing that really leapt out was the moon as well - For some reason it just doesn't look like it should be a part of the picture. I like it, it just looks odd.....

don't mean to sound negative, it is well composed and think it works well aside from these minor niggles.

Cheers
Dave

Nicely composed shot, looks a little dark on this monitor, but probably just the monitor.

Slightly distracted trying to figure out what the white stuff/shape thing is at the bottom third, left. - Given that the church is framed by the dark trees either side it kind of spoils it a bit and I would have tried to clone it out. The only other thing that really leapt out was the moon as well - For some reason it just doesn't look like it should be a part of the picture. I like it, it just looks odd.....

don't mean to sound negative, it is well composed and think it works well aside from these minor niggles.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave

Some nice constructive Critisism there :)

As for the white bit, thats a building what I had darkened on one of the versions but the picture in whole is alot lighter on my monitor at home but as for my work monitor is also quite dark

The print of it is rather light and as its lighter on the print/my monitor the white building doesnt seem to stick out so much

As for clonging it out im not 100% sure why I didnt think of that myself but only reason I can think of is that it may not be as easy to do on the lighter version I have

will definately give it a go though and repost tomorrow with updates

Paul

Paul, look forward to that - keep coming back for a look at this one as the composition really seems to work. Always a bit wary of coming across too negative when commenting on others photos so glad you found it useful.
Having looked at it again (on my iPhone this time) it does seem quite a lot lighter, which means that most of the processing I've done on that laptop is likely far too bright.

I like it. The moon is obviously cloned in and I suspect the sky isn't original, but there's nowt wrong with that if that's what you're into and it's done well.

The grass is far too green and saturated for what purports to be a low light shot. Well composed though, with plenty of foreground interest.

I like it. The moon is obviously cloned in and I suspect the sky isn't original, but there's nowt wrong with that if that's what you're into and it's done well.

The grass is far too green and saturated for what purports to be a low light shot. Well composed though, with plenty of foreground interest.

will be havinf a mess about with this shot shortly so will post up the next set of results

as for the moon, yes it put in htere but the moon and sky are of the same photo as the moon picture was taken when i saw it out during the day a few months back

unfortunately, on the day of going to the church the sky was rather overcast and all I got from the photo was a completely white sky which is why i decided to put this other photo in with it

As a picture it is nice - which is probably all that matters. As a photo it looks very fake to me. The light direction looks odd, the moon cloned as mentioned above and the colours too saturated.

Back