Critique Little critters ooop close and personal

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Good set... I love those stripey eyes of whatever the stripey eyed thing is:D:D

Excellent stuff Graham and some great finds. I really like that crab spider, and it's great that you have caught some of the yellow centre of the flower to show what it has matched against. I also like those grass hoppers. Looks like you got good focus on the second one but just missed it slightly in the first (it's always difficult to tell with these types of eyes).

It looks to me like the focal point is just in front, around the knee area here, although the end result is not a bad one. It's worth taking a few images in a row, moving slightly forwards and backwards to get a few shots with different focal points if possible. I try to do this even if I am not intending to stack the images as I can't always rely on what my viewfinder tells me and by the time I've zoomed in 100% to confirm, the bug might have moved on. If I hadn't nailed it I would have missed my opportunity to try again. Unfortunately it means you have a shed load more images to sort through but hopefully you'll find one where the eye is pin sharp.

My favourite of the set is the little jumper. These guys are cute at the best of times but the soft pink and peach background only adds to the feeling :)

Nice work!

[quote
Good set... I love those stripey eyes of whatever the stripey eyed thing is:D:D

"Cg_Girl, post: 6231548, member: 58983"]Good set... I love those stripey eyes of whatever the stripey eyed thing is:D:D[/quote]
Lol @ you it's a grass hopper about 2 inches long.

Thanks Tim, now I know why I get a slot view. I'll make changes next time, more than 85% of the pics are really not worth looking at. More than 200 photos for the day.

Back