Wild Little Egret

A good set (y) A bird I've only ever caught a glimpse of at distance.

I haven't noticed it just as bad lately on here but these definitely look to be suffering from IQ loss, they look a lot shaper on Flickr

Flickr's also blown the highlights slightly. Lots of them around down here and I was lucky enough to see one get an eel last Sunday.

Flickr's also blown the highlights slightly. Lots of them around down here and I was lucky enough to see one get an eel last Sunday.

Thats a bit worrying....I just screenshoted the page and pasted it into photoshop, by darkening it I could see no highlight information was lost..........Its a white bird in direct light, so I have processed it as white, but there is no clipping on the histogram.

There is a few blown highlights ,especially on the head and neck, on the first shot i reckon you could pull them back ,no big deal though

#3, #4 and #5 are really good shots and interesting

maybe revise the crops - not as tight - generally more space around them and consider the "looking into" space

#4 more space to the left and less to the right

not a fan of #2

Thats a bit worrying....I just screenshoted the page and pasted it into photoshop, by darkening it I could see no highlight information was lost..........Its a white bird in direct light, so I have processed it as white, but there is no clipping on the histogram.

The larger sizes on Flickr still show some details in the bits that look blown on the smaller versions as shown above. It's only really on the Stalking one that it looks blown and on this machine, it's not apparent as long as I get the viewing angle right.

(Having barely picked a camera up for months, it took me 10 or more shots to get the exposure right in my shots and even then, I blew the back out of the bird in full Sun light!)

Back