Little escapes from everyday life II

I took it as being part of the look and if it is I don't think it'd be as nice a picture with retained highlights.

If it isn't a part of the look then maybe you're right :D
The warm bold colors that almost create a glow are intentional. I did not want to make a factual or documentary photo. The picture should show the inner community of women.

Thanks for the comments. It is always helpful to see how such a picture affects different viewers.

Best regards, Uli

The warm bold colors that almost create a glow are intentional. I did not want to make a factual or documentary photo. The picture should show the inner community of women.

Thanks for the comments. It is always helpful to see how such a picture affects different viewers.

Best regards, Uli

I'm glad it's intentional and IMO it makes the picture.

This conversation takes me back to my art days, I was drawing and painting before photography became more important. In one drawing I created what in a photograph would be blown highlights. "It wouldn't be the same picture without that" scowled my art teacher. "Well, that was the point" was what I thought but did not dare say out loud.

:D

Reactions: Uli
I'm glad it's intentional and IMO it makes the picture.

This conversation takes me back to my art days, I was drawing and painting before photography became more important. In one drawing I created what in a photograph would be blown highlights. "It wouldn't be the same picture without that" scowled my art teacher. "Well, that was the point" was what I thought but did not dare say out loud.

:D
One woman wrote of the image, "This is exactly how I feel when I meet my friends after work."

She wrote "this is how I feel." She did not write, this is how I see myself and my friends.

That pleased me very much, because the picture should express an attitude to life.

Best regards, Uli

A good one. The whites and blacks are clipped but, for me, it works - that is what a scene like this looks like.

Dave

Hi.

I like this too. Love the reflected light off the table. I've often seen this when at cafes and always think it would look cool on a photo.

Gaz

Back