Little Green Heron - Tigertail Lagoon

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few images taken whilst trying to get to grips with the R7 body my former employer kindly gave me upon my recent retirement, whilst up to my waist in water and being eaten by no-see-ums...who says men can't multitask?!

C&C very welcome - I have a trip to the Pantanal coming up and this mirrorless/crop sensor stuff is all new to me!

Juvenile:

Last edited:
I like them all Ian.

I like the peekaboo nature of 1 and 2, the extra context and colour in 3 and the stalking in 4. They all have their charms :D and the focus in all of them seems to be spot on.

Well done :D

Thank you for your kind comments Alan and Dale - much appreciated.

Alan - your comment re. 3 is especially welcome. I feel I have been guilty in the past of just concentrating on 'the animal' to the exclusion of all else. I am making a conscious effort to think about environmental context and trying to choose interesting backgrounds, though this of course does rely a little on cooperation from the subject!

In this instance, I thought the mangrove edge was lovely, and nicely lit, but there was 'on one there' initially. I hung about for about 15 minutes and eventually this little fellow kindly obliged. :) I did of course have several other instances where I found nice pictures and waited to no avail.

One more - reflection...

Last edited:
Great stuff Ian, ace photos of a lovely looking bird, I like them all.

I did have to google no-see-ums though :D

Very nice set of a beautiful bird. You have captured it well!
When are you going to pantanal and where are you visiting? We are going in September and I am frantically trying to figure out an oly om1. Enjoy the pantanal and look forward to seeing your photos

Very nice set of a beautiful bird. You have captured it well!
When are you going to pantanal and where are you visiting? We are going in September and I am frantically trying to figure out an oly om1. Enjoy the pantanal and look forward to seeing your photos
Thank you!

We are heading out to Brazil for 3 weeks on 1st July, with 2 weeks based in the South Wild Lodges in the Matto Grosso area with Jaguars being the main focus. Which area are you visiting?

Thank you!

We are heading out to Brazil for 3 weeks on 1st July, with 2 weeks based in the South Wild Lodges in the Matto Grosso area with Jaguars being the main focus. Which area are you visiting?
Sounds good. We are going to Bonito, Barranco alto, Porto Joffre and Ararat ecolodge. Arm and leg sold!

Back