Little Illusion Machine (band)

Hi Daniel, a difficult thing to do, "Band/Gig photography". You have some reasonable results there though. Most lighting at these gigs, particularly for amateur bands is horrible, and with your three images it clearly hasn't helped you. They are reasonably sharp and the composition is good. In the first I would clone out the microphone on the top right of shot, it would have been fine if you had all of the stand and microphone in the image.

The second one I like as you can see the face better maybe crop in slightly from the right to remove the neon lighting. I would have shot this image in portrait format to include more of the guitar and this would remove the neon sign. It is not easy at gigs as you have to make very quick on the spot decisions as to what include in the shot. You did well though.

The last image is the weakest of the three for me, compositionally any way. There is a lot of space above the drummers head, a lower viewpoint would include more of the drums and less of the distracting neon lights above his head. Over all though you have done very well.(y)

Back