Wales Little Italy. Any one been? How to get in?

The biggest problem appears to be car parking.
Note my post #31. Parking down in Corris can get pretty crowded but is worth a chance, however the road out of the village to the attraction in question is quite steep. Oodles of parking though at the Craft Centre over by the main road. The next village is Corris Uchaf where there is very little parking opportunity.

The attraction itself fronts onto a track without public vehicular right of way.

The Abercorris slate quarry is a series of open pits and adits now buried in forestry on ground that rises steeply. Access to start with up its old incline so you need lots of puff.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was only going on what Iain Robinson has said, and he's been everywhere!!!

Didn't get down to Corris at the weekend, as expected it was mostly spent wielding bits of timber and tools. I won't get chance this weekend, but maybe the weekend after we may try again and find out what the situation is.

Weather forecast is too uncertain at present for this weekend. Might be good or it might be iced up again - it's still not thawed here from this morning's ice. I'm half tempted to go to Ogwen/Pen y Pass but won't decide till Friday night. Not going all that way to spend a day in sleet or mist!

If you make plans for the w/e after give me a shout and maybe we can meet up.

Popped down earlier, looks fantastic! The house and garden appear to be maintained but there was no one home and looks to be a holiday home. My better half Is penning a letter to see about arranging an official visit, but we don't know when we might get a response,if at all.

Alan, weather looks set fair for this week and the weekend looks good too.
Think I'l put some juice in the motor and have a trip down on Saturday morning. Do you fancy another trip out so soon after your last one? If not I'll revert to what I do best and be Billy no mates!!!
I'm planning to go up into the quarries above as well.

(y)
Done that.
Got the t-shirt.
Time to move on.
Met some Airbnb visitors. Interesting natter with them.
@Alan Clogwyn I think your fence building girl might have her work cut out getting access for us lot.
You and I would be alright but it just takes some millennial snowflake to bruise his thumb and mummy will be on the compen trail. Don't think the owners will risk that. Too many potential problems in there. In fact it's all a potential problem.

As the man said...."There's more than one way to skin a cat".

Next?

I sometimes wish that people listened more round here.

Done that.
But you haven't, have you? Sounds like you scarpered before venturing up the incline (from the summit of the track past the property mentioned). Oh well ...

Not a clue what you are on about.
I suggest you ask your dealer to supply a weaker batch next time.
You are now on my ignore list.

Back