Little Nuthatch

Bev

Name
Bev
Edit My Images
No
I had been watching this Nuthatches nest for a few days and only managed to get a few shots and this is one of them, not the best im afraid but this is one shy little bird!:nuts:

forumnuthatch1.jpg

Lucky capture so close to the nest site Bev ... (y) .. I take it the nest hole is that one underneath the branch with the typical Nuthatch 'closure' going on ... :shrug:

:p

Lucky capture so close to the nest site Bev ... (y) .. I take it the nest hole is that one underneath the branch with the typical Nuthatch 'closure' going on ... :shrug:

Thanks IanC and Ewan il have ago at it in curves, thanks.

Yes Venometer this is the nest hole, but it wasnt for long i dont think, great tits were seen pecking out the mud that is used around the hole entrance, totally ignoring the screeching and dive bombing from the little Nuthatch!:shake:

Natural real estate is always at a premium so it is no surprise they get usurped ... more than occasionally ... :shrug:

Never seen one of those before,... mind you all we get down here are starlings, crows, ravens and a million and one seagulls,...

Nice Bev :clap:All your hard work and time has payed off you have a shot of a Nuthatch a sight a lot of people do not get to see well done (y)

Thanks King Boru, and we have the same sort of birds here as you, i got these shots in Thetford Forest where we go 3/4 times a year fr the wildlife.

Thanks Pikeman, your right, i was just as pleased with seeing one of these little birds, the shots were a bonus, and thats the good thing, we might not always get that shot on camera, but we always take home that picture in our head!

Really nice pic of a really nice bird IMO :) I would play with Curves and darken it a bit I think.

agreed, although its still a great little pic! I've never seen one before either, so its a first for me, sounds like the little things have a lot to put up with!

Back