Little Owl, making my day

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely morning today, so I headed off to try to find my Peregrine - he was flying as I arrived and landed out of sight, but I knew where he was.
So I waited over an hour, before he showed himself, although rather than hanging around, he shot off at a rate of knots and left me with nothing :( - Although, I hadn't seen them on my 5 previous visits so am at least happy to see it again!
IMG_6243 by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

Anyway, I took solace in my 'reliable' Little Owl site, I always come away with shots with them, but nothing that I'd stick up on here!
But today he was very obliging to me, moving to a 'new' tree with great visibility to me, I was hoping for a flight shot, or a food shot, but both of those will have to wait for another day - in the meanwhile, here is todays haul, which I'm quite happy with.

IMG_6256_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

IMG_6271_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

Only "Partial" flying shot:

IMG_6284_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

IMG_6308_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

IMG_6358_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

IMG_6382_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

IMG_6396_resize by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

hmmm, all the pictures seem darker now I've used flickr?!!

They do look a little dark as you mentioned Gavin. Nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a bit of PP though.

Some nice shots - looks like he was moving around a bit and keeping you on your toes ;)

They do look a little dark as you mentioned Gavin. Nothing that couldn't be sorted out with a bit of PP though.
Had a quick play with the last one...

IMG_6396_resize2 by Gavin Turner, on Flickr

And yes, usually I have to wait for him to come back as they're in a woodland area, so its easy to lose them, but think I had better eyes on my this time and managed to track him better.

Back