Little Owl (Re Edited)

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a day out with Ade today and had a great time. Sat watching the Sika Deer for ages and when we moved off we came across this. First time for me. Also had a Kingfisher but I'll leave that till tomorrow.

Re edit

Last edited:
Would love to some of these again...must have been hard to nab this....nice one.
Spose some will say it needs some cropping action though

keith (y)

Thanks Keith, taken from the car window as we passed a tree. Not sure on the crop but tried in portrait. I know it looks a bit messy on the right hand side but thats the way it was. Might try a different crop later.

You got the shot Gary, fair play, i think it needs some serious PP, but you got one more shot tan I did...........:D...Bugger kept flying off when I got outta the car.

Enjoyed your company today Gary,always welcome.................(y)

its a nice shot, i would definitely have cropped it differently though, ie as landscape, you have far too much blown sky viewable, if you crop some of it off, it changes the balance of the shot.

Thanks Ian, been a long day and just can't get my head round the editing. Tried a second edit in landscape hopefully looks better.

You got the shot Gary, fair play, i think it needs some serious PP, but you got one more shot tan I did...........:D...Bugger kept flying off when I got outta the car.

Enjoyed your company today Gary,always welcome.................(y)

Cheers Ade it was a good day but as I mentioned above can't get my head round the editing. Don't know if the second pic is any better. Will have a play tomorrow.

Cheers Pete it didn't stay long. Able to get a couple of shots of it before it flew off.

That edit looks fine to me, bird looks really good in it, nice clear eyes (y)

I try and avoid taking backlit shots, especially against that sort of sky, however had I been presented with that shot I would have taken it, and been pleased with the result.

That's a super shot,just very unlucky to have a rubbish sky and leaves in the way.

Thanks Chris the sky was naff but I got the shot

That edit looks fine to me, bird looks really good in it, nice clear eyes (y)

I try and avoid taking backlit shots, especially against that sort of sky, however had I been presented with that shot I would have taken it, and been pleased with the result.

Cheers Martyn first time seeing one so close so had to get the shot :D
Just had a bad time doing the editing due to the naff background, nothing looked right. Maybe next time I can be a bit more picky.

Back