Wild Little Owl

Peek-a-boo. It might just get used to you and one day land on your lens!
Then, how do you shoot a bird sitting on your lens?

Easy just put a mouse on it…

I'm afraid you did not understand… or did I so poorly formulate it?

Thanks Kodiak! I did understand- I've just been a bit tied up, I'll have my mobile phone ready when it jumps on the lens!Fortunately, I've been able to talk with the farmer & he's happy for me to go anytime I wish.
Also, thanks for your kind words Mark & Derek.
And Dennis, the mouse thought actually went through my mind! I'm beginning to grasp the little chaps movements & habits so hopefully the shots will come in time :)
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

That's nice Andrew, well seen an captured.(y)

George.

I've been speaking to a builder on site today, about my failed attempts of spotting owls. He just sat there all calm like "I have all types of owls flying at the back of mine".

I now plan to go up and try and catch a shot of them. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Kodiak! I did understand- I've just been a bit tied up, I'll have my mobile phone ready when it jumps on the lens!Fortunately, I've been able to talk with the farmer & he's happy for me to go anytime I wish.
Also, thanks for your kind words Mark & Derek.
And Dennis, the mouse thought actually went through my mind! I'm beginning to grasp the little chaps movements & habits so hopefully the shots will come in time :)
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Hope you didn't get out of your car Andrew, that's the most famous Little owl in North Yorkshire :)

Hope you didn't get out of your car Andrew, that's the most famous Little owl in North Yorkshire :)

Owls - Never seen one in France, heard them - then sh1t on my old car in the barn, (were they perch), and drop their regurgitated "balls" on it - but I've never seen one here in France ....... any tips

Last edited:
I actually have some friends up that way from my Army days................Sorry Andrew should add I think you have some better images from the site on Flickr ,in fact better than some I have seen from the site

Last edited:
Owls seem quite a popular subject, (on her) ......... I never see many, (any), the odd Little Owl in the UK, a friend must have a resident one as it seems to be around during the day quite a lot ........ a bit like Andrews shots ........ they are not easy to get "bird on a stick" shots with a plain smooth bg

but I keep meaning to go to that place near Andover, Hampshire as when we are in the UK, we are only 45 mins away ...... and I think there, I would get my bird on a stick shot

They are native to France Bill...but if you contact Neilb he reckons you don't have to get out your car to get shots ,could be worth contacting him next time your up that way

Back