Wild Little owls mating

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uFU9T0sJYqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Last year the owls paired up in early Feb and the first mating session recorded was March 12th ,this year I have noticed that the owls are late at pairing up and last night was the first recorded mating session 21st March other factors have been also noted to show they are late at pairing up but I wont bore you with that ,I have loads of footage of the birds but I have just been to lazy to try and work out how to put it on the web,anyway sorry about the quality but it was getting a touch late ,there is also a section in the middle were the birds are not in focus,i could have attempted to try and get the birds in focus but any movement or noise could have affected them so I just left it ,I also decided to move away a good distance from my normal position

Last edited:
I have video footage of the owls mating ,I don't know how to get it on here hence the cock up, I can get them on my website and flickr ,if any one reads this and could help it would be appreciated.Thanks

Hosing on a video host such as YouTube or Vimeo is going be about the easiest way as the forum automatically embeds them, if you have a Google account you'll already have a YouTube account too (y)

That's good Den, my Little Owls are also late and have only just come back to their nest site on our farm this past week, 8th march I saw them first last year. No sign of our Barn Owls yet either and although there's plenty of activity at our Badger sett there's no obvious teats on the females that I can see. Speaking to other people it looks like things are going to be a little later all round.

Hi Heidi ,glad to hear about the owls return, they are such fascinating birds i still go down every night ,typically this year I have found three pretty local barn owl sites but I don't have the same time as I did last year ,its also looking like it could be a decent year for the barn owls....

Back