Little poser

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for some critique on the shot, which is just a family candid of my little boy, but also some comments on the editing style? I'm building a photo-series of my sons upbringing and want to nail a particular editing style so they are consistent throughout. Really (really) struggling with it so far :eek:

(EDIT: I know editing is all about personal preference, but I'm going a film look with rich, deep colours - similar to the Ed Peers and Sam Hurd's of this world)

Shot on the Fuji XT1 and 35mm. Exif: 2.8, ISO 200, 1/280s.

idtxza.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind the look you've gone for there but the two shots don't look the same on my screen. If they were side by side in a book they would look different. One looks a bit pinker and the other less saturated (on my screen anyway)

The only tip I could give for consistency is alway shoot in Manual and use a specific colour balance when shooting, i.e don't use auto white balance. This keeps everything nice and consistent in Lightroom, your shots will all look the same, unless the lighting changes of course.
Shooting in Manual on an X-T1 couldn't be easier too ;)

I don't mind the look you've gone for there but the two shots don't look the same on my screen. If they were side by side in a book they would look different. One looks a bit pinker and the other less saturated (on my screen anyway)

The only tip I could give for consistency is alway shoot in Manual and use a specific colour balance when shooting, i.e don't use auto white balance. This keeps everything nice and consistent in Lightroom, your shots will all look the same, unless the lighting changes of course.
Shooting in Manual on an X-T1 couldn't be easier too ;)

Argh sorry. The second was a late addition and you're right, the white Balance didn't copy over in Lightroom.

Hard to compare as they are different images. Half closed eyes in the second one don't look too good, if that were mine that would find itself in the recycle bin.

If you're after a film look, have you tried any of the DXO Filmpack versions? Yes, I know it's probably classed as cheating but some of the options are pretty good.

Awaits flaming.....

Hard to compare as they are different images. Half closed eyes in the second one don't look too good, if that were mine that would find itself in the recycle bin.

If you're after a film look, have you tried any of the DXO Filmpack versions? Yes, I know it's probably classed as cheating but some of the options are pretty good.

Awaits flaming.....

I should have elaborated.

The first image is the shot. I included the second as a cheeky git on the XT1 thread said my son looked drunk in the first... So I posted the second as a "no, now he looks drunk!). Of course it's going to the recycle bin.

Was just posted here for fun and to show how a cute smile can so quickly change. Hence the before/after, smiley face.

Ah, ok...wasn't in on the joke, sorry.

So you're not posting a before and after shot then? :thinking:

Back