Little Staughton Airfield - used in WWII

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to check out an old disused WWII airfield today in Little Staughton, Cambridgeshire. Took me a while to locate the some of the buildings that are still standing but finally found some interesting stuff. I know many others have been there too and found old artefacts from WWII but I just focused on getting a few shots before getting told off by the people working in the area (not sure if I was allowed to be there). Curious to know if anyone has more info about the place!View attachment 17161 View attachment 17162

This is the old control tower. I was told by a guy working there that they are going to convert it into a house!!
View attachment 17163 View attachment 17164

Thanks guys. David, what makes you say my sensor is filthy? If it's because of no.1 the filter was a bit dusty. Just had a look and the sensor looks spotless to me....

Rob

Look at the top right of the control tower pic, in the sky.
Round dot is dust on sensor, not something you can see on the sensor easily.

Cheers. Better get that sorted!
Now you know what it looks like and how to spot it, take a pic of just the sky to check the rest of the sensor.
... and stop down to f16.
Sorry if you know all this, but it's useful for other peeps.

Curious to know if anyone has more info about the place!

First photo is a Robin hangar - it was put there in the 1980's (replacing one that was there in WWII).
The scaffold on the Watch Office (Watch Office for Bomber Satelite Stations and Bomber OTU Satelite Stations 13726/41) has been there for over twelve months and little seems to have changed during that time.

There are a lot more buildings dotted about there if you are interested in documenting it photographically.

Thanks Morfis! Hadn't realised the hangar was a replacement... I will definitely go back and try to find more.

Back