Live music shoot

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys & Gals,
Last year I was asked by a friend if I would like to do a live music shoot for an up and coming local music label, so with a hell of a lot of nerves and apprehension I accepted. I had only recently got my 40D so wasn't sure about the high ISO capability but I was pleasantly surprised with the camera, I have added noise reduction in LR.

This was also my first time as a working photographer (sadly unpaid that time) and the experience for me was brilliant and I enjoyed it :)

Wanted to see what the TP massive thought of my first efforts in this type of environment and using my flash off camera on a bracket connected with a OCF cable. (y)

8461993771_5416dd0520_c.jpg

8462024189_ea2823af87_c.jpg

8462017927_68a15b37fc_c.jpg

There are a couple more, but FLICKR is being a sod to upload to right now, must be the snow :thinking: will post them when I can. (y)

DannoBoy said:
Hi Guys & Gals,
Last year I was asked by a friend if I would like to do a live music shoot for an up and coming local music label, so with a hell of a lot of nerves and apprehension I accepted. I had only recently got my 40D so wasn't sure about the high ISO capability but I was pleasantly surprised with the camera, I have added noise reduction in LR.

This was also my first time as a working photographer (sadly unpaid that time) and the experience for me was brilliant and I enjoyed it :)

Wanted to see what the TP massive thought of my first efforts in this type of environment and using my flash off camera on a bracket connected with a OCF cable. (y)

There are a couple more, but FLICKR is being a sod to upload to right now, must be the snow :thinking: will post them when I can. (y)

Exposures are good and you've used the stage lighting well to fill the frame. We're the others wider shots or all roughly this focal length? If it were me, I'd try these in a real high contrast black and white to remove distracting colours and add a bit of timelessness. Think you've done a great job, well done.

kris3291 said:
Exposures are good and you've used the stage lighting well to fill the frame. We're the others wider shots or all roughly this focal length? If it were me, I'd try these in a real high contrast black and white to remove distracting colours and add a bit of timelessness. Think you've done a great job, well done.

Cheers Kris, most of the pictures are around that focal length, the stage area was pretty small and there was a lot of stuff which IMO would have made the bg even more busy than usual. I'll see if I can pick some out and hopefully FLICKR will allow me to upload some more. I'll certainly have a go at a high contrast b&w conversion (y)

Was number 2 taken at The Pad in Bedford ?

Shame you got that corner of the PA speaker in the shot in Number 2

NeilMc said:
Was number 2 taken at The Pad in Bedford ?

Shame you got that corner of the PA speaker in the shot in Number 2

Yes mate, the pad indeed all were shot there. Yeah the PA speaker isn't going to be for everyone, I kinda wanted it in the shot but not so much it detracted from the guy playing, like I said not going to be to everyone's taste but I appreciate the comment dude (y)

Considering this is your first attempt I will join the others in saying a damn fine job too.

You have some good compositions there, and good colours on the second. Regards the PA - i think it is one of those things that needs to be all or nowt in shots. They tend to creep into my shots only when I can't avoid them!

RichardtheSane said:
Considering this is your first attempt I will join the others in saying a damn fine job too.

You have some good compositions there, and good colours on the second. Regards the PA - i think it is one of those things that needs to be all or nowt in shots. They tend to creep into my shots only when I can't avoid them!

Thanks Richard, I shall in future be keeping the PA's out of shot as much as possible :) thanks for taking the time to comment (y)

It's a great first set - did you have a lot of keepers all told? :)

Yes I had a fair few keeps, thankfully. Certainly enough to make the company I was shooting for happy enough to put them on their website :) thanks for the comment (y)

Back