Live Stream - Beach wedding

Name
Otto
Edit My Images
No
One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach.
I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would like to set up my phone as hot spot and connect my notebook to my phone.

- My question is how to make sure I have strong internet to support the upstream data??? I don't have mobile wifi? The location is 2 hours away from my home. I can go and test the speed but I would rather not to.
What do you do when you live stream an event? How do you make sure you have a strong signal?

What do you do when you live stream an event? How do you make sure you have a strong signal?

What do I do? I price in technical test and rehearsal into the offer for the livestream.

For the setup you’re describing would streaming directly from your phone be sufficient? If the wedding is in the daytime with plenty of light this might be enough.

If you do need to stream via computer get a second phone and check out speedify, this can bond multiple connections to make sure you have enough. I would only bother with this if I had more than one camera and a switch. For a single view I’d stick with the phone.

Last edited:
Back