North England Liverpool Area locations

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Im working in Liverpool tomorrow and staying overnight in St Helens. Can anyone recommend any photo locations not too far, within 30 mins max?
I like the look of Crosby Beach for dusk and then Albert Dock for some night shots so if anyone can advise on where to park, is it safe in the dark hours, how busy is it around 7pm. Thanks.

Last edited:
Im working in Liverpool tomorrow and staying overnight in St Helens. Can anyone recommend any photo locations not too far, within 30 mins max?
I like the look of Albert Dock so if anyone can advise on where to park, is it safe in the dark hours, how busy is it around 7pm.
I normally park in Duke street, there are parking meters there. It is pretty busy, and pretty safe. Albert Dock five minutes away.

19705-1520262253-8a2c4966f270a82c1973ec96c53b4dc8.jpg

I parked here the other week, when popping into the City Centre. It was just a quick snap with my cheapo compact.

19706-1520262279-231bdafece9d1b2c11c4db26a8d245f2.jpg

Just another quick snap I took the other day, just as a reference point.

This is Duke street, and there is usually plenty of parking. If not, you can find places to park off Bold Street, just the next street away, or a few other streets have parking also.

You can see John Lewis in the photo, just turn left there. Then Albert dock is just over the road.

Last edited:
In the City Centre is pretty safe, plenty of visitor / students and locals. A nice atmosphere really, just like any other hustling and bustling City Centre. Locals are pretty friendly. :)

Thanks Jonbeeza Laa.
Is it busy round there after 6pm? Im planning on leaving St Helens about 4pm so can go straight to Crosby Beach. Then return to Albert Docks for 6-7pm-ish and then back to my hotel in St Helens.

WOW Tonybassplayer-thats stunning. Im back every 12 weeks time so that could be better later in the year

Last edited:
Albert Dock, easy to park at night, park in St Nicholas Place car park, free after 6pm, then walk past the 3 graces and museum to Albert Dock, Brasco Lounge opposite the museum is open until 11pm if you want a coffee/toilet. Hope the water is still for you to get good reflections

170821 Albert Dock 235.1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Wheel goes off between 8 and 9pm, so if you want to shoot that, then do it after you arrive, and don't leave until later!!

[/url
][url=https://flic.kr/p/G1vMV7]180602 Albert Dock 2
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Its safe as regular patrolled by security, they won't give you any hassle unless you or your tripod go the wrong side of any railings![/url]

My photos were just quick snappo grabbers with the cheapo 10 bob canon ixus. The above photos, have put my little snapper grabbers to shame. :(

The above photos, ( not mine) lovely photos of a lovely region. :)

Thanks Jonbeeza Laa.
Is it busy round there after 6pm? Im planning on leaving St Helens about 4pm so can go straight to Crosby Beach. Then return to Albert Docks for 6-7pm-ish and then back to my hotel..

I think Fridays and the week end can get busy, or if there is something on at the Arena. I must admit, I have not been out in the City Centre for ages. Or at least in the evenings. Just mainly dropping off, and picking up at the Arena.

Depending on the tide you can get a better angle of the lighthouse/sunset etc by going on the beach.

Crosby beach also looks good for sunset and is very very easy access in the free sports centre car park literally next to the beach.

Is it busy round there after 6pm? Im planning on leaving St Helens about 4pm so can go straight to Crosby Beach. Then return to Albert Docks for 6-7pm-ish and then back to my hotel in St Helens.
I could be free tomorrow night if you fancy a bit of local knowledge. (And I've got a new camera that needs playing with!)

Stunning photos. I hope I can get something half as good. I dont think ive got time to catch the right light (if there is any) between Crosby beach and the lighthouse.

Thanks Jonbeeza Laa.
Is it busy round there after 6pm? Im planning on leaving St Helens about 4pm..

If you are going down the East Lancs road, that can be a nightmare after 4PM. I visited Fazakerley hospital last year, and that end of the East Lancs was very bad. They had massive road work on. Not sure if they have been completed now.

I could be free tomorrow night if you fancy a bit of local knowledge. (And I've got a new camera that needs playing with!)

That would be awesome if you can. Im not from the area so am relying on these posts and Google maps..
If you want to pm me your number, or i can send mine once ive finished work at Knowesley.

That would be awesome if you can. Im not from the area so am relying on these posts and Google maps..
If you want to pm me your number, or i can send mine once ive finished work at Knowesley.
Will PM you.
Any one else fancy a night on the waterfront?

Stunning photos. I hope I can get something half as good. I dont think ive got time to catch the right light (if there is any) between Crosby beach and the lighthouse.

Yes, I think I would concentrate on one or the other for sunset and then Albert Dock as darkness falls.

Many thanks to Mickledore for meeting up with me and showing me the stunning sights of Liverpool. I was greeted at Crosby Beach (its not a beach-its very soggy, muddy, wet, deep mud flats!!) by a stunning sunset and perfect tide time. I hope I've got some good shots of the brilliant Anthony Gormley sculptures. Then onto Albert dock for perfect reflected city escapes. Until a group of boats decided to go out for rowing practice. Anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the company. Fingers crossed for the upcoming results.

Thanks Jason. It was a good night. We were extremely lucky with the mirror like conditions at Albert Dock - until the dragon boat came and spoiled everything:(

I must say that I admire your chat up ability. You had that group of school girls hanging on your every word. One of them gave me her number so next time you come over we can arrange a longer session together:):):)

Did you notice that they were all controlling their cameras from their smarphone apps? But then they were using Nikon!!!

I don't get home until late this afternoon so will try and get some edits by Friday.

Didn't think mine were good enough for the Fuji heirarchy:(
Jason was the visitor so I'll let him have the glory, and besides he's on Nikon so not subject to the same scrutiny. Curiously enough so were all the girls:eek:
Here's a little sampler
DSCF1461 - Copy.jpg

Back