Name
Gary Mercer
Edit My Images
Yes
Click the pics to see large version

Playing with the Starlight filter

Click HERE for the full set.

Last edited:
Holy cow what happened in 3? Some new anti personal defense system at the Albert Dock? :) Personally I think these subjects are much nicer at dusk than night. The light is nicer, the sky is a lovely deep blue instead of dead black. For example, in 1 its mostly black sky. The composition is a little off really.

Holy cow what happened in 3? Some new anti personal defense system at the Albert Dock? :) Personally I think these subjects are much nicer at dusk than night. The light is nicer, the sky is a lovely deep blue instead of dead black. For example, in 1 its mostly black sky. The composition is a little off really.

Thanks Pete. I couldn't get out early enough but I know what you mean. These were my first go at night time photo's. My composition is really c**p at the minute (something I really need to work on).

And what's wrong with an anti personnel device at the Albert Dock, it might keep the scallies awaw, LOL.

Keep at it :) You'll find that dusk gets later in the coming months and you may find it easier to work with then. I love it now because it doesn't mean that I have to stay out till 11pm or so, plus it feels safer at 4pm. Just its damn cold :)

Holy cow what happened in 3? Some new anti personal defense system at the Albert Dock?

Chav protection.

I agree with Pete about getting out for the best light, but these are great exposure wise :)

Chav protection.

I agree with Pete about getting out for the best light, but these are great exposure wise :)

Thanks Tim, glad there's at least something positive about them :D

Nice shots next time you are around let me no and we can sort something out :D

Back