Liverpool finally gets some sun... :)

Edit My Images
No
Took my break this morning whilst in work and took a wander around the dock. After having spent some time relaxing on the waterfront soaking in the morning sun (oh yes, sitting on the dock of the bay.. well.. river :) ), I walked a little further down and took a couple of shots.

These are literally out of the camera. Had the CPL on dialled in for some nice vibrant blues. Only post processing I did was a touch of selective sharpening, some distortion correction on the Albert dock sign shot and a little contrast adjustments. The last one does have a tiny bit of saturation on the blues just to make that cloud pop more.

544861775_qSneo-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:05:24 08:42:31
Focal Length: 18.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 100

544862002_FV4q4-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:05:24 08:51:43
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
Exposure Bias: 1.00

544862161_WSFLV-L.jpg

Image Date: 2009:05:24 08:41:49
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)

Last edited:
There all nice, but the first one is the only one that really has the wow factor for me, I think it has the strongest composition, the most interesting/varied subject, and the most interesting detail in the sky. Good shot.

Thanks Yantorsen. :) I was toying with the idea of posting the 2nd image for sure and decided why not.

I must admit, the first one is my favourite of the 3. Although there is no "stuck to the rules" compostion, it's a nice enough record shot :)

I think part of the problem with the second one is (at least on my monitor) that the area of shadow is a bit dark and lacking detail, which I find rather distracting. I think the last one lacks an obvious subject, theres the background, the sign post thing, and the statue all competing for attention rather than working togethor. I will say that they are all very nicely processed though, nice and natural looking which suits my tastes.

Agree with your comments. They're nice enough record shots and I certainly had more fun taking them than being in work on a Sunday morning.. ;)

Thanks again though, I appreciate your comments.

Cheers Gaz

Stunners, love the colour in the first one.

Cheers :)

Unfortunately, it was nowhere near as colourful today :(. White skies were back for the most part...

Thanks Redhed. With regards to B/W I've not thought about it :). For me, everything about these images was the break in monotonous white skies that we've had for so long so I have to admit it's a joy to see the skies so blue :)

However, if you wish to post a B/W conversion, you're most certainly welcome :)

However, if you wish to post a B/W conversion, you're most certainly welcome :)

Well I had a go. I think the streaky plane vapour trails can look good in B&W.
ianclarkbw1.jpg

Here's another one a bit more extreme. ;)
ianclarkbw2.jpg

I have an 'Action' set up in Photoshop, so it takes literally a second to do. Good to check whether it is worth doing any more work on a serious conversion. :)

Cheers Robington, Kryptix.

Redhed, I do like the second B/W Conversion I have to admit ;)

Thanks Rob / Smurf :)

i like both first pic and the b&w versions of it. The second one is very lovely too.

Back