Liverpool Night Time

Only the second one really grabs me tbh, and with that one I would be tempted to lose a little off the bottom and get that horizon further away from central.
I suspect I would like the last shot if it were not tilted.

My honest opinons here are as follows..

1 - You've cropped the top off. The wheel is massively over exposed and nothing around it really adds to the image, all just looks messy.
2 - The best of the set, shows some promise. You've cropped the top of the building off, and I'd be tempted to pull the highlights back a bit in PP. I think the wb is out as it feels too cold and blue.
3 - It's just the top of a ladder and a rung. I don't see the appeal. There's an OOF distraction at the bottom that I'd have cropped. Background needs to be completely black or more visible. Half of a bollard isn't great either.
4 - I'd be cropping a massive amount off of the top to remove bland sky, bright lighting and lens flare. A location with a more interesting background would be better.
5 - Refuce the highlights and straighten it up and you'd have the best image of your set.

These all show some promise, but more thought to compositions would work wonders.

I like No.3 a LOT. (as it is) I feel an air of expectation, compounded by the OOF BG.

The rest are pretty much run of the mill beginner night time shots, but we all need to start somewhere right? My advice, get the run of the mill shots off your chest and after that, look for more interesting subject matter, don't be a sheep - you clearly have an eye for the unusual - buildings & reflections are nice enough, just a bit dull.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments, I am very new photographer and currently doing a beginners course at night school, so advice is great,

Back