Liverpool nightscape montage.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
This is based on a panorama that I made using photostitch from a series of photographs taken whilst in Birkenhead the other night for the Liverpool birthday fireworks. I once saw the effect applied to an image as a Photoshop 'action' and thought I'd try to recreate it myself.

Apologies if you've already seen this image as I've also posted it on another forum too. Call me a post whore if you will but I am interested in seeing whether people think it works or not !

Hello Macker, I like the idea, but some things jump out at me. The clouds don't match up, which may be OK if they were all totally unlike each other, but the cloud formations are close, so slight differences jump out at me.

The Liver Building also looks like you have tried to get some detail from the overexposed clockface, and has been burned noticeably.

A nice idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a daylight version too. :)

Thanks redhead (y)
I did leave parts of the original pano out as they had no interesting features which has undoubtedly led to the cloud discrepancies you mentioned, I think next time, I'll put all of the different areas I intend using together and process the whole image before chopping it up again.
I'm sure I can find an excuse to get back up there sometime and have another attempt at this .........

i like it too :) the clouds look fine to me or am i missing something.

Thanks to everyone for their input (y) I chopped a chunk of the riverside out between the 2 cathedrals. It's not terribly bad, but the clouds do appear slightly dis-jointed between the last 2 sections ............

Still, it kept me good for an hour :LOL: ..................

Sorry if I had an opinion that was not the same as everyone else
I still think that your observations were valid actually ! :LOL:

It is allowed though isn't it
It would be pretty boring here if it wasn't ! :D

Thanks again folks (y)

Thanks gibbo and antihero (y)

Back