Liverpool skyline

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would take my new Redsnapper tripod for a test drive yesterday, so headed over the water to take a few shots of the (Much photographed!) Liverpool skyline, this was my first attempt at 'real' night time stuff, I have took some handheld shots before but only as an experiment really, had some serious focusing issues at first! But we live and learn and this was one of the ones I was more pleased with...

2632-1391443919-fc426b7ae1dba54ebc56cbe0f7708a61.jpg

As always comments/advice welcome and appreciated

Thanks for looking

Like it Bill ,Would be tempted to crop a little off the bottom.
How do you like the Redsnapper ?.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, will try that.

Yeah love the tripod up to now, I went for one of the budget ones from Redsnapper after the positive reviews on here. But it was a step up from the REAL budget ones I was looking at elsewhere initially! But I'm happy to say I took heed of the advice I read on here... "Buy (VERY!)cheap... Buy twice!" :D

Another one a bit more up close and personal with the Liver buildings...

2644-1391539680-a8af93658d0bc7b9bedf2fdce88746ed.jpg

Very atmospheric, but I'd still crop the lower section, lose some river :)

Exposure looks good and this could make a great panoramic if you lose a lot of the top and bottom and shoot at blue hour to get the midnight blue skies and water rather than the orange light pollution effect.

Thanks for the comments guys, I think the general consensus is that I should defo crop a bit of the bottom !

Exposure looks good and this could make a great panoramic if you lose a lot of the top and bottom and shoot at blue hour to get the midnight blue skies and water rather than the orange light pollution effect.

Hi Mark, I did try it as a panoramic it looked ok but didn’t want to lose that movement in the sky, pity there weren’t a bit more movement in the clouds closer to the buildings – I also shot a few at blue hour but these were the ones were I had serious focusing issues! – Ah well! Hopefully going to get back over there on Sunday for just after sunset, also going to try some longer exposures with my 10-stop

Thanks again for the replies

Last edited:
i do like this but agree about cropping either sky or river,skyline is to close to the centre of the image,i still like it though!!!!

Not wishing to sound stupid but being new and all, what is 'blue hour' ?

Thanks for that, I'd have thought it was midday or something (sky blue etc)

Back