Liverpool Waterfront

Edit My Images
No
The waterfront and nearby area of Liverpool was in all honesty an eyesore but the catalyst for knocking down some of the delapidated 60's/70's buildings was the City of Culture status in 2008 - with the scaffolding just about coming down, its hard to think that the projects are being delivered four years after everyone left! :LOL:

The area now I think is a triumph - where very modern buildings sit right next to old and provide the perfect counterfoil. For anyone who finds themselves in Liverpool, the new Museum of Liverpool and the Open Eye photographic gallery are well worth a (free!) visit

This is my first time posting in the "Architecture" forum as I normal lurk in the "Landscapes" (y)

The Three Graces

The Beatles Museum and Cafe

The Atlantic Hotel

The Museum of Liverpool

Please click through for full resolution images

Last edited:
Dringo, excellent shots.
The Atlantic Towers was designed to look like a liner approaching, you've certainly captured it. :~)

Thanks Julien, yes it certainly a striking building when viewed from the right angle

I've only seen the waterfront from the Liverpool - Belfast ferry but I've always wanted ot take a look at that first building. Its huge!

Brendan Mulachy said:
slow shutter speed :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

im heading down that way today il have a look if they are still different times :thinking:

I did take two exposures to get rid of the people later in Photoshop but thats ridiculous, Brendan :)

Have a great time today, the light should be perfect - clear and crisp!

There must be about twenty Lamb Bananas dotted around the outside of the Museum. The Open Eye photography gallery is in the black glass building to the right of the shot now and that's worth a visit too

Back